“You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true.”
Richard Bach

A friend gave me a plague with the above quote inscribed on it some twenty-five years ago. The plague still hangs on my office wall. That quote has inspired me to take steps in my life that I might not have taken otherwise.

One path I started on was to strive to write for publication and years later, I’m finally seeing my dreams come true. My first release, OBSSESED BY WILDFIRE, hits the cyber-shelf today! I’m so excited. My stomach clenches as I wonder if anyone will dish out cash for the story. If they decided to, I don’t think they’ll be disappointed.

OBSESSED BY WILDFIRE is not my first completed novel, it’s not even my second or third. It’s my fifth. Does its ranking, among my completed works, diminish the excitement which tingles my entire soul today? HE** NO.

A funny but true story about Obsessed By Wildfire, my critique partner, Sylvie Kaye, and I were kicking around ideas for her next western. I suggested she write a story about a woman barrel racer. She knew nothing about the subject. I knew some as I used to barrel race. At her insistence, I wrote the story in a matter of three months. I submitted a query to The Wild Rose Press on a Friday morning before leaving for work, received a request for the novel an hour later, sent it to the editor at lunch and was offered a contract by the 5pm. Will that ever happen again? I can wish.

OBSESSED BY WILDFIRE is rated HOT! I didn’t know I could write HOT. My editor thinks I could erotica. My answer to her is a topic for another blog.

The story, set in the Texas town of Wayback, is about a woman who meets a man who could stop her from her accomplishing her dreams. I love the banter Isabelle’s emotional conflict causes between her and the sexy fire marshal, Warner. The couple made me chuckle. By the end of the book, Isobel learns love can make dreams a whole lot sweeter.





Excerpt:
“Warner Keyson. You?” He folded his arms across his chest. His muscles bulged from beneath the rolled back sleeves of his white dress shirt. She’d seen bigger forearms—on a few NFL players.

“Isobel Trinidad.”

“Well, Ms. Trinidad, you could’ve caused some damage or killed someone the way you barreled in here.”

“The last time I heard, Raleigh was Wayback’s chief and you’re not one of his officers. Besides everyone’s inside.”

“There could be a couple or two in the backseat of those cars. You know, enjoying the night.”

Warner Keyson’s warm caramel gaze drifted over her and Isobel’s legs buckled a degree before she roped off her reaction. Refusing to look away, she wrestled the urge to step closer and touch the cute dark lock that curled behind Mr. Keyson’s

“Nah, not peeking.” His full lips pulled up the tiniest bit.
Looking pass him, she scanned the cars. Had he been in the backseat of one of them? Had one of the local girls already run him down and claimed him?

“So what do you have in mind with that whip?”



*******
If you’d like to read the entire story, and I hope you will, here is the link to The Wild Rose Press home page.
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/

And if you’d like to see a trailer for Obsessed BY Wildfire here is a link to that.
http://www.autumnjordon.com


For everyone commenting today, your name will be included in a drawing I'm holding at my own blog http://www.autumnjordonsnotes.blogspot.com/ The winner will be announced there on Feb 3, 2010.

Also, I'm running a special at my own blog. Winner will be announced February 14, 2010. So please stop over and check it out.

32 comments

  1. Judith Keim // January 27, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

    I'm so excited for you, Autumn! Loved the excerpt...the book will be a winner! Good luck and congratulations!

  2. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

    Thanks, Judi. I really loved writing Issy's and Warner's story. It's a fun, sexy, quick read.

    (((HUGS))

    AJ

  3. Cate Masters // January 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

    Love the quote, Autumn! Congrats on persisting to follow your bliss and find success! Wishing you much success to follow.

  4. Barbara Monajem // January 27, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

    Go, Autumn!!! Congratulations. That's a great excerpt with a fabulous hook.

    I totally love that quote from Richard Bach. It's so inspirational -- the perfect thing to read every day to remind yourself that you *can* make your dreams come true.

  5. Shawna Thomas // January 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

    This sounds great! Good luck!

  6. Beth Trissel // January 27, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

    Fabulous Autumn! I'm sure this will sell well. Count me in for a copy.

  7. Anonymous // January 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM  

    What a whirlwind of accomplishment! I can only dream of doing such! Congrats on the release. Just got my e-reader back from Sony and I will definitely be adding this to my reader!

    Melba Moon
    President-Elect KOD

  8. Mary Ricksen // January 27, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

    Great excerpt Autumn! Good luck with sales.

  9. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

    LOL, Cate You are totally Awesome! You made every blog. LOL. Thanks, lady.

  10. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

    I think of that dear friend everytime I look at that plague, Barbara and thank God for bringing us together. Even for only a short time.

  11. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

    Thanks, Lynne.

  12. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

    Ah, Beth, thanks. I really appreciate your support. Let me know your thoughts, please.

    (((HUGS))

  13. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

    Thanks, MM. We'll be celebrating your success soon. I know it.

  14. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

    Thanks, Mary. I have a few up today, so check the other blogs if you get a chance and remember I'm running a contest on my own blog.

    (((HUGS))

  15. Patrice // January 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

    Autumn,
    What a great story of how your book got written. Congratulations on your release today, and I wish you many, many sales!

  16. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

    Thanks, Patrice. It's absolutely true. I'm so glad I accepted the bet.

    I had so much fun writing this story, I'm starting another sexy, western.

    Now remember to send me answers to the questions and get entered in the contest.

  17. Mona Risk // January 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

    CONGRATULATIONS Autumn. I can understand your excitement. I love your excerpt and I am totally hooked by your characters. Getting the book soon.

  18. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

    Thanks, Mona.

    Coming from you that means mega muncho. Please let me know how you like the story.

    ((HUGS))

  19. Joelle Charbonneau // January 27, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

    What a great quote by Richard Bach and a great excerpt. Happy Release day, Autumn! I am excited for you!

  20. Mary Marvella // January 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

    Autumn, you are a pro at blogging! I'm dancing a jig for you! I LUV Warner already!

  21. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

    Thanks, Joelle. I appreciate your support. Soon it's your turn. Yeah!

  22. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

    LOL, Mary. Let's dance together. Party tonight. I'll bring the popcorn. Orville's, extra butter. Yum.

  23. Mary Marvella // January 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM  

    Got it, Autumn! See you after dark!

  24. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 27, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

    Autumn how exciting for you! I can't wait to read your book. Congrats on the release.

  25. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

    Thanks, Scarlet. I'm so thrilled. I hope you enjoy the story.

  26. Mary Marvella // January 27, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

    Forgot to get the balloons from the car! OOPs!

  27. Donnell Ann Bell // January 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

    Autumn, wonderful excerpt. I can feel your excitement from over here in the Rocky Mountains. And I love she'd seen bigger biceps -- on some NFL players. Well done!

  28. Josie // January 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

    Autumn,
    I love the quote, and wish you much success with your novel.

  29. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

    Hi, Donnell. I'd love to visit the Rockies. The closest i've gotten in looking down from 30,000 feet. The Appalachain Trial runs in front of my house. I love the mountains.

    NFl players have great arms and other body parts, as do baseball players, fireman and cowboys. Love studying them all. LOL.

    Thanks for sharing my excitement.

    AJ

  30. Autumn Jordon // January 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

    Thanks, Joanne. It's a quote that has helped me through a few trying times.
    (((HUGS))

  31. Pamela Varnado // January 28, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

    Autumn, your excerpt really piqued my interest. I can't wait to read the rest of the story. And I needed the inspirational message I got from your quote by Richard Bach. I'll use it as a reminder of what I can accomplish everytime I receive a rejection letter.

  32. Autumn Jordon // January 28, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

    Thanks, Pam fo ryour compliment and support. I hope you enjoy OBW.

    (((HUGS))

    AJ