Rejection--

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 7:37 PM | 7 comments »

I hate rejection. It really is a bummer. Nothing can ruin you day like rejection. I came home today in a good mood, really I did. But, things turned south in a hurry. You see, we have been trying to buy a house. Well, build really, but the thing is the price the contractor has on the house certainly does not reflect a buyers market. Is it just me, or did any of you think this should be a good time to get a good deal? Well, not so, apparently this contractor wouldn't know one if it bit him on the butt! We sent in our offer two days ago and this afternoon I found out it had been rejected. The real estate agent had assured me it was a good offer and I must say, it was. Did I mention I hate rejection? Got another one today, somehow this one was more painful. You see, I sent an electronic submission to Carina Press back at the first of December and today I got a rejection. Boy, talk about having a bad day. Oh the bright side I got an email from my agent who said she liked my WIP and wanted to read more. So all isn't lost, still it's hard. After all, I really do hate rejection. What about y'all? Misery loves company tell me your rejection stories.

7 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // January 13, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

    I've known rejection! Truly, even from reverse mortgage folks.

    Twice I sent one manuscript to 2 different houses and had both rejected by the same editor. Both editors had moved and replaced an editor who requested the fulls.

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM  

    MM, I know that you understand! It still sucks though! Come on over and lets share a bottle of cyber-wine. Oh, well as Scarlet has been known to say, Tomorrow is another day!

  3. Mona Risk // January 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

    Scarlet, I feel for you. Rs (I hate them so much I never write the whole word)suck. I usually take three days to mourn my dead hopes and thenm I convince myself it wasn't for me.

    BTW everyone I know who submitted to Carina got an R excep one Ellora's Cave author who published 33 books.

    Now about buying a house,YES, it is a buyer market. I keep telling this to my kids who want to buy houses. People in FL drop the prices by a third in their offers.

  4. Beth Trissel // January 14, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

    Rejection is such a familiar place that even with all my successes in the past year or two I keep watching nervously over my shoulder for what I call 'Smack down time.' As opposed to snack time which I'm all for.

  5. Patrice Wilton // January 14, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

    Scarlet, I feel the pain, doubly hard - make that 3 times! I also got a rejection from Carina Press in December and now already in 2010, two weeks into January, I've had two more! One from Pocket on my latest and greatest book ever, and another one today from Harlequin Super Romance. I was going to redo a Women's Fiction into straight romance and the book has a great plot and wonderful characters and is too good to sit on a shelf! Woe is me.

  6. Nightingale // January 14, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

    I really hate rejection! I got one today from Samhain and boy it did ruin my day. Sorry about the real estate fiasco, Scarlet. I've been going through the same thing trying to buy a condo on the Gulf. No one wants to loan on a condo in Galveston!! What is your work in progress?

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 15, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

    Linda, sorry about the rejection, misery loves company, so we can hang out together! The WIP is the vampire story I started last spring.