2009 Ultimate Clash of the Covers

I’m pleased to announce that our first annual Ultimate Clash of the Covers winner is: Somewhere My Love by Beth Trissel.The author and the artist have each won a lovely sterling silver heart & rose charm.
Big congratulations from all of us at Embrace the Shadows!

A big thank you from me to cover artist Tamra Westberry!
****
My first release, Somewhere My Love, a murder mystery/ghost story romance with flashbacks to early nineteenth century Virginia and Hamlet parallels, won the 2008 Preditors &Editors Award Readers Poll for Best Romance Novel.

Star-crossed lovers, flashbacks to early 18th century Virginia, ghostly, murder mystery, light paranormal romance, Gothic flavors…SOMEWHERE MY LOVE

“As I read Somewhere My Love, I recalled the feelings I experienced the first time I read Daphne DuMaurier’s Rebecca long ago. Using deliciously eerie elements similar to that gothic romance, Beth Trissel has captured the haunting dangers, thrilling suspense and innocent passions that evoke the same tingly anticipation and heartfelt romance I so enjoyed then, and still do now.” ~ Joysann, Publishers Weekly

6 comments

  1. Author Roast and Toast // January 5, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

    Yes, that would be Beth of the PFS who is winning and getting those great reviews!

  2. Judith Keim // January 5, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

    We're so happy for you, Beth! Congratulations on a wonderful cover and a wonderful story!

  3. Beth Trissel // January 5, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

    Thanks, thanks. *Nods, smiles, does the queenly wave.

  4. Mary Marvella // January 5, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

    A great way to start the new year, Beth! It's a wonderful cover!

  5. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 5, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

    Wow! Spectacular! Simply marvelous darling! I could have told you that cover was hot! Not to mention the wonderful story it represents! Congrats on the win, I predict many sales from said win!

  6. Josie // January 7, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

    Hurray, Beth! Sincere congratulations.