I'm thrilled to finally reveal the cover of my March release, Lady of the Flames!
Here's what it's about:
Amazon UK ebook: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lady-Flames-Most-Peculiar-Season-ebook/dp/B00T0JAWLO/
Amazon Canada ebook: http://www.amazon.ca/Lady-Flames-Most-Peculiar-Season-ebook/dp/B00T0JAWLO/
Amazon Australia ebook: http://www.amazon.com.au/Lady-Flames-Most-Peculiar-Season-ebook/dp/B00T0JAWLO/
Thanks in advance to our local weatherman in the Charlotte, NC area for sharing the following tips:
According to the Mayo clinic, the optimal amount of humidity for a room is between 30-50 percent. A hygrometer measures the amount of humidity in a room. You can purchase them at Amazon.com for $9.99.
If you suffer from sore throats during the winter season, the culprit may be because your home is too dry. Many of our furnaces are running non-stop.
Here’s some ideas for home-made humidifiers:
1. Simply place a glass of water on your heater and let the water evaporate.
2. If you don’t have a flat top heater, soak a clean car-washing sponge in warm water. Squeeze to remove excess water and place in a punctured plastic freezer bag. Place in rooms as needed. When reusing, place sponge in microwave for 1 minute to rid of bacteria.
3. Keep your bathroom door open when showering with hot water. The steam will drift into the next room.
4. Purchase some inexpensive house plants. When you water the plants the water will evaporate through the leaves and back into the room.
5. Boil water on the stove, place in bowl and seal. Wait a few minutes for steam to gather, then bring to room that needs humidifying and unseal. Steam will instantly rise up into the air.
6. An open fish tank mixes business with pleasure and increases moisture in a soothing effective way.
Please note that it’s not recommended that you dry your clothes on radiators or heaters. Yes, moisture is being sent back into the air but the water may spread mold, bacteria, and viruses.
It’s the middle of February and very cold outside. Today I’m sharing some home-made sore throat recipes from Health Digest.
For recipe one you will need:
1. Two lemons cleaned and sliced
2. Two pieces of ginger sliced into coin size pieces
3. 1 cup Honey
In a 16 oz. jar combine lemon slices and sliced ginger.
Pour honey (organic is best) over it slowly. This may take a little time to let the honey sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices. Make sure when the honey has filled in all the voids, there is enough to cover the top of the lemon slices.
Close jar and put it in the fridge, it will form into a "jelly". To serve: Spoon jelly into mug and pour hot water over it.
Store in fridge 2-3 months. Makes about 2 cups
For recipe two you will need:
1 cup honey
1/2 cup lemon juice
shot of whiskey
Shake and take as needed. :)
Some added notes:
Do not pour boiling water onto honey, as it'll kill the medicinal properties and render it to simply a sweetener.
No honey for children under the age of 2.
Because I write this blog on Sunday, I’m a hoping you’ll be able to use some of these ideas for Valentine’s Day next weekend. Also see my bonus outfits at the bottom—one for a casual night at home, the other outfit for a fancy night out.
First, consider an out-of-the-box option restaurant for your Valentine meal—your local Waffle House. (Wear your casual outfit here.) Many Waffle Houses across the country are taking reservations. The menu prices will be inexpensive and feature heart-shaped waffles and steak specials.
Or consider a spa night in your own home. This recipe for a homemade hand and foot scrub is inexpensive and uses ingredients you probably have in your kitchen:
1/2 cup sugar (white or brown)
1/4 cup olive oil
Mix ingredients and store in an air-tight jar. Scrub skin in shower or bath, using 1 tablespoon at a time. Rinse well.
Martha Stewart shares a delicious and easy recipe for Valentine cookies. You’ll need:
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
• 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, plus more, for dusting
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon canola oil or pure vegetable shortening
1. Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in flour and salt. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; chill at least 2 hours, or overnight.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until 1/16-to-1/8 inch thick. Cut out hearts cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to an ungreased baking sheet; chill for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 300 degrees with a rack in the center. Press the tines of a fork into each cookie to make designs. Bake about 18 minutes.
4. In the top of a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl set over simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Stir in oil. Dip half or one third of each cookie into the chocolate mixture. Add sprinkles if desired.
If you’re staying home, the following free one day coupon codes should work for any Redbox movie. Offer should be good until February 16th:
And here are the bonus outfits for Valentine's Day. Enjoy!