MySpace Graphics

I just got back from visiting my cousin in New York. She owns a small house in Port Washington, on Long Island, that was passed down to her by her mom. Her mom also passed down to her a wonderful, deep, laugh, that comes from way inside her and is a real belly laugh.
I love to make her laugh.
She had a wonderfully bed, I fell asleep the minute I lay in it. We went to sleep when we felt like it, and we got up late a lot.

I went to Chinatown for the very first time ever. It was very cool. Every other store was a restaurant. The Chinese herbal stores were so unique. The gift shops full of useless junk and lots of it too!
But it was fun and I love the dim sum!

MySpace Graphics

In the evening we watched her 51 inch HD plasma TV. She had all kinds of movies. And cable TV too. Yikes, TV heaven. In the morning we would drink PGtips tea and talk about family memories, good and bad. We went out to eat a lot at dinner. Her generous boyfriend treated us many times. He's in love with her. She is confused and a free spirit. Hang in there Winston, you never know what life will bring.
She has the cutest pets, two small poodle mixes and two ragdoll cats.


This is one of her doggies, so cute.
Did I mention I didn't have to cook? Or that I didn't have to do dishes, or wait on anyone. It was heavenly!
I brought warm weather with me. It never got below 42 degrees, I used a heavy sweater and there was not need for a heavy coat or gloves.
She has a hot tub too.
The best part is that we have lots of fun together. She laughs when I do, and she makes me laugh.

Alcohol CommentsOne was just huge like this kitty is!

MySpace GraphicsOf course the cats owned the place. I never saw a ragdoll cat before, they are so floppy and so cool! Both were sweet and lovable.
Did I mention that I didn't vacuum or do dishes for a week?

Did I mention the drunkin' squirrel.
Alcohol Comments
He was interesting for sure.

Free Picture of a Small Coconut and Strawberry Cake. Click Here to Get Free Images at Clipart Guide.com Did I mention that New York and Long Island have great bakeries? We only ate a couple of cannolis and they were outta this world!
Mostly we just sat around and talked and laughed. We hadn't seen each other for a couple of
years. Cool chair huh?
Creativity Comments
So I read, I watched movies, it was great. We both have the same sense of humor and we get along great! We like the same foods, except for the sushi stuff. I could just see worms growing in my body from it. Ack!
It snowed the day after I left and the temperature went down into the teens. Got out just in time!
The best part of it was spending time with a special person I miss. Love you cuz!
The only bad part is now I have to do dishes, cook, and clean again. I think I need another vacation?

Landscapes Comments
Well I'm home in sunny Florida now. It appears to be that I brought some cool weather back with me.
Oh well--There's always that sigh when the fun is over, but my dog missed me and I am not sure what Chris ate. The food is still in the refrigerator! But I know he missed me because he's been so nice.
Scary huh?

This has nothing to do with anything other than that it's cool.

Landscapes Comments
Back to the old grind. Until next time.
Happy blogging! May you all get that vacation too!

15 comments

  1. Margaret Tanner // February 1, 2010 at 4:01 AM  

    Hi Mary,
    Sounds like you had a great time in NY. We spent three nights there a couple of years ago on our way to London to visit our son. Loved it. We stayed in a nice little hotel just ten minutes walk form Time Square. Loved all your pictures, too especially the cute little white doggie..
    Cheers
    Margaret

  2. P.L. Parker // February 1, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

    Morning Mary - I would love to visit New York. So many things to see and do. I'd go crazy. By the way, I finished Tripping Through Time. That was great! I especially loved the sister.

  3. Skhye // February 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

    Sounds like fun. Did you hunt down Rhonda? :) Who gave that cat a beer? Sounds like my inlaws.

    Win the wee-est sterling-silver claddagh pendant on 18" chain at
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skhyemoncrief/. Check out the rulest to enter there. I'm awarding it on Valentines Day! ~Skhye

  4. Judith Keim // February 1, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

    How nice that you had such a good time with your cousin. It's nice to have that family connection. I have that, too. And NYC is such fun for a short amount of time! LOL Thanks for sharing.

  5. Mary Ricksen // February 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting my friends. I love when I get comments.
    I am jumpin' for joy you liked my book Patsy. Just like I loved all of yours!
    Margaret gosh I'd love to see London!
    Skhye how are you?
    Hey Judy!

  6. Mona Risk // February 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

    Mary,

    I am so glad you had fun in NY. I love Ny and have so many relatives there. For years, I used to spend Thanksgiving in Long Island. I know Manhatan well but never went to the NY Chinatown. My favorite Chinatown is in San Francisco. I can spend days shoping in Chinatown.

  7. Mary Marvella // February 1, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

    Hey, Mary R.

    Sometimes we just need to get away for a few days. I think I'd like your cousin! I'm into laughing a lot.

  8. Cate Masters // February 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

    Welcome back, Mary! Your vacation sounds wonderful. Sounds like you had a blast! I love NYC, but don't get there as often as I'd like. Next time you go back, eat at Carmine's! Amazing food. And if you're on Broadway, visit the Scholastic Store - my nephew manages it (a love of books must run in the family!)
    We missed your friendly support while you were gone!

  9. Pamela Varnado // February 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

    I love New York City. While it's lively during the day, it seems to come alive at night. Everything is more vibrant. People are more excited about going places and doing things.

  10. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

    Mary, you make me want to take a nice long vacation. I can't wait until spring break. I think we're having a long weekend this month because of a forlough day. Boy, I'm looking forward to it. Sounds like your trip was just heavenly. I have a cousin who lives in Vegas, I should go visit her. Also have cousins in Boca Raton, could go there. Decisions, decisions, just can't decide.

  11. Joelle Charbonneau // February 1, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

    Your vacation sounds lovely. I love NY no matter what the season. I'm glad you had a great time.

  12. Mary Ricksen // February 1, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

    Thanks for the comments everyone, I hope you all get the chance to get away and do nothing but what you want to do!
    Wonder if NYC Chinatown is like San Francisco's Mona. MM I'm bringing you next time I go to my cousins. Cate, Joelle, and Pam NYC has so much to see. I lived in Queens for awhile so I've seen the sights. Cool!
    Scarlet, go for it!!

  13. Autumn Jordon // February 2, 2010 at 11:37 PM  

    Isn't NY fun? I've only been there twice, but both times were a blast. I can't wait to go again.

  14. Mary Ricksen // February 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

    I like to visit but don't want to live there. There are just too many people and too many cars!

  15. Josie // February 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

    Hi Mary,
    I love NY. The pictures are adorabe, and the dog resembles maybe a teacup maltipoo? I have a maltipoo, but he's not a teacup, as he's almost 12 lbs.