Today is the Day

Posted by Mona Risk | 8:19 AM | 8 comments »


TO LOVE A HERO
By Mona Risk

My book is published. You can buy it and download it at Cerridwen Press website.
http://www.cerridwenpress.com/RecentRelease.asp

I’m doing the happy dance with my hero and my heroine.
I will let them introduce themselves.

Hi, I’m Cecile Lornier. I arrived in Belarus a few hours ago. I was ecstatic about my trip and my contract, but I’m beginning to have mixed feelings. It may be because of exhaustion, the long flight and jetlag. And then there was my fall at the airport. I can’t believe they still use these archaic escalators. I would have broken my neck if it wasn’t for the gorgeous general. What an officer, what a man. It’s almost a sin to be so handsome. Have you seen his eyes? They are deep blue, ocean blue. They were so bright, so…intense when he looked at me, when he held me. O dear, I can still feel his chest, hard, muscled, hmm…

We are going to work together as of tomorrow, but don’t worry, I’ll be my usual self, strict and professional. No need to give him the wrong idea. I had a lousy experience with Rob and I’m not about to repeat my mistake. What a sleaze ball that Rob. He called himself a loving fiancĂ© but he snatched my promotion and tried to foul my contract. Good riddance. I still laugh at how I dropped his ring into the flask of nitric acid. I don’t need this type of fiancĂ©. Actually I don’t need anyone. The chemists in my lab call me a slave driver. I’m strong, ambitious and dedicated to my career. But why can’t I stop thinking about the general? He’s so gallant. I still feel the warmth of his lips on my hand. I wonder what it would be like to kiss him, to…

Dubra Outra, moy drouk. Good morning, my friends. I am Sergei Fedorin, Major General of Belarus. I have pledged to cleanup my country of the nuclear pollution that killed my wife and threatens my nation with cancer. American aid allows me to start my mission by refurbishing the Belchem military laboratory. The Belarussian citizens have put me on a pedestal like a statue they admire and revere, but they scrutinize everything I do, all day long—and all night too. I do my best to protect them and they call me their hero. Especially the women who are fighting for the honor to warm my bed. Hmm because…hmm… it’s chilly at night in Minsk. To be honest, I feel suffocated. I can’t even talk to a woman without seeing it reported in the tabloids. So far, I didn’t mind because I love Belarus and would die for my country.

Except that today…well today, the lovely Cecile fell in my arms. I can’t stop thinking of her, Yes, a gorgeous woman. Beautiful eyes and blonde hair. She played the professional scientist, but hey, I have enough experience with women to detect the fire under her cool reserve. To be honest, I’m dying to hold her again in my arms. I just hope she doesn’t mess my mission, after all she’s a woman. In Belarus, we have strong males and daring officers, quite chauvinistic. They are not used to be ordered by a young woman, too pretty for her own sake. I’ll help her and I’ll protect her. Soon I’ll show her that chemicals are not the only things that can generate heat. I’ll show her what real chemistry is about.

I had a lot of fun writing this book and I hope you will discover a new country and interesting culture while reading TO LOVE A HERO, a sizzling love story in an exotic setting.


To buy TO LOVE A HERO go to :

http://www.cerridwenpress.com/RecentRelease.asp

and then click on the book cover and follow instructions to buy and download in Adobe.
Mona Risk
www.monarisk.com

8 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // January 17, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

    Woo Hoo, Mona! Let the party begin!

  2. Josie // January 17, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

    Congratulations, Mona! Enjoy the success. You've earned this special day.

  3. Mona Risk // January 17, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

    Thank you Beth, and Joanne, Today I'm flying high. I just saw my cover book on the new eBook page at Cerridwen Press. I can't stop staring at it with adoration.

  4. Helen Scott Taylor // January 17, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

    Congratulations, Mona. How exciting to see your book cover on the front page of Cerridwen Press!

    Helen

  5. Sherry Morris // January 18, 2008 at 1:20 AM  

    Happy Happy Happy Snoopy Dancing for you Mona! May you sell gobs and gobs and gobs!

  6. Mona Risk // January 18, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

    And may I always be surrounded by wonderful friends.

  7. Nightingale // January 18, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

    Made me want to rush off to Belarus and try my luck! I loved letting your characters introduce themselves. It makes them so real and personal.

  8. Mary Marvella // January 20, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

    Mona, girl!
    You rock! Your story rocks!
    Hope your sales ROCK!!!!!