With us today is author Mona Risk. Mona, tell us about your current project.

I am just finishing a romantic suspense set in France, FRENCH PERIL. It is the story of a young American architect who works on the restoration of a chapel in the Loire Valley and lives in a French chateau owned by a young count. When her professor is poisoned because he knew too much about a missing valuable statue, Cheryl's summer job develops into a dangerous treasure hunt. Count François, a confirmed bachelor and admitted womanizer, wants to redeem himself in his family’s eyes. The unearthing of the statue and the restoration of the chapel would revive tourism in the area and bring back prosperity to his villagers. But Cheryl’s arrival complicates both his search for the statue and his determination to avoid serious involvement.

What will I as a reader like best about your hero?

My hero is a gorgeous French count. Do I need to say more? How about playboy but gallant, generous and protective?

How will women identify with your heroine?

Cheryl is the all-American girl who doesn’t realize she’s a beauty. Athletic, hard-working, career-oriented, and with a sense of humor she wants to be appreciated for herself not for her appearance.

Is your muse currently sitting on your shoulder or is she illusive?

My muse has been a sweetheart for the last three months. If only I could type for twenty-four hours straight.

Who is your favorite author?

Recently, Roxanne St. Claire. I read every one of her books at least five times. Year ago, before I started writing I read historicals, all of them, Kathleen Woodiwiss, Judith MacNaught, and Heather Graham whom I see often now since she is a member of my FRW chapter.

What books of yours are currently for sale and where can a reader buy them?

TO LOVE A HERO is released by Cerridwen Press.

Thanks for joining us, Mona. I've had a sneak peak at French Peril and really enjoyed. I can't wait to read To Love A Hero.

9 comments

  1. Liz Jasper // January 12, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

    All right Mona, I'm hooked. Can't wait to read about the count. Count Hunkula, as I now call him. You can use that. (LOL)
    : )

    Liz

  2. Beth Trissel // January 12, 2008 at 3:09 PM  

    Lovely, articulate interview, Mona. The story sounds like a win win to me. Very intriguing.

  3. Mona Risk // January 12, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

    Sandra, thank you for giving the opportunity to talk, even brag, about my books and my heroes. I like alpha heroes that are brought to their knees by the assertive heroines.

  4. Mary Marvella // January 12, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

    Just enough to tease us! Mona and Sandra work well together.

  5. Sandra Cox // January 13, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

    Thanks, Mary:)

  6. JACLYN // January 13, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

    TO LOVE A HERO.
    NOW THAT’S MY IDEA OF A LOVE STORY. A STRONG ALPHA MALE WHO REALIZES HE HAS TO GAIN THE TRUST OF THE WOMAN OF HIS HEART. ONCE GAINED, HE WILL BE WELCOME INTO THE ARMS OF HIS OWN TRUE LOVE. SIGH-H-H THE AUTHOR, MONA RISK HAS DONE A MARVELOUS JOB.
    JACLYN

  7. Josie // January 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

    I have had the privilege of reading excerpts from this book. It is a winner, and will hook you from the first page to the last page.

  8. Mona Risk // January 13, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

    Thank you Jaclyn, thank you Joanne, Liz, Mary and Beth. I can't believe it. I'm almost there. Four days left and I'll be a published author. WOOOOOHOOOO. But what's more important is that I have great friends.

  9. Helen Scott Taylor // January 13, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

    To Love a Hero is a wonderful read. Romance combined with an exciting story set in an exotic location. I've also had the pleasure of reading French Peril and I can certainly vouch for the fact the hero is to die for.(But I am a sucker for a sexy Frenchman!)

    Good luck with your new release, Mona. You deserve every success.

    Helen