Joanne---Bargain of the Day

Posted by Josie | 8:44 AM | 7 comments »

Hi all,
I am hoping that this new blog on money-saving tips will help you enjoy new products and services, some of which you may not be aware of.
For my first post, I'd like to share a website that many of you may already use: restaurant.com

If you type in your zip code, U.S. restaurants within one to thirty miles will appear. Simply click on the restaurant of your choice (many are "mom and pop" establishments), and go to checkout. If you type in the current discount word "DINE" you will receive your certificate at one half off. That means you'll purchase a $10.00 certificate for $5.00. Most certificates are for $25.00 off of your $35.00 restaurant bill, a substantial savings. (Stipulations may apply. Read before you buy.)

My family loves to eat out, especially on weekends, and I don't like to cook, especially on weekends, so we use these certificates all the time. Enjoy your new-found dining!

The following quote is not mine, but I 'd like to share it at the end of each blog, as my husband enjoys saying it:
"I can't afford to save any more money."

7 comments

  1. Linda Wallace // January 15, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

    I have lunch with a friend in West Seattle about once a week. She is a coupon queen; we rarely pay full price, but I'd never heard of the discount site you described. Thanks; it sounds great. We'll be sure to give it a try.

  2. Mona Risk // January 15, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

    Very interesting, Joanne. We often dine out in South Florida. I will check this. Thanks

  3. Liz Jasper // January 15, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

    Will check out. Good idea. : )

  4. Misc. Muse // January 15, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

    How nice thanks. I am know as yard sale queen. My dd teases me but they love my bargins except the soon 18yr old. It's new new. I'll be glad when real world hits. Actually, I prefer the title I named one of my blogs - handmedownrose. ( : Linda

  5. Mary Marvella // January 15, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

    I love bargains, Joanne! Will check it out.

    Mary M

  6. Sandra Cox // January 15, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

    Good tip, Joanne!

  7. Josie // January 17, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

    Hi ladies,
    Let me know if anyone ate out using restaurant.com
    Also, whenever we go away on vacation, we type in the zip code within a 1 mile radius of where we are staying, and usually purchase some restaurant.com certificates. Sometimes it takes us off the beaten path, but we've discovered and enjoyed some delicious and sometimes "quirky" new eateries.