TO LOVE A HERO
By Mona Risk
http://www.monarisk.com

My book is for sale at Cerridwen Press.
http://www.cerridwenpress.com/RecentRelease.asp

How am I feeling? Excited and happy? Yes, but…anxious, nervous, freaking, a whole gamut of emotions I never expected to feel.

So how am I welcoming my first book? I am talking about it non stop. To whoever wants to hear me, read me, blog me…

And I am doing my best to promote it.

I sent an article about TO LOVE A HERO to RWA secretary who liked it so much, she asked me if she could use it in her local chapter newsletter. She also interviewed me. I don’t know when the interview will appear. I also sent it to my local FRW chapter newsletter.

Last week, THE week the book was due, I blogged on four different blogs.

Here in Fort Lauderdale my friends organized a party to celebrate my book. Forty people gathered at a local restaurant on Monday night, including my husband, daughter, son-in-law and my mother.

My friends displayed a big poster of my book cover and St. Basil the landmark of Moscow beside it on an easel.


They have ordered a cake shaped like an open book. On the left page, they wrote: “Congratulations Mona.” On the right page: “You are our hero.”
So incredibly sweet.



I was high all night and I autographed the book cover for my friends. The next best thing to signing my book. How I wish my book was a printed one I could hold in my hands.

Incidentally, my birthday was January 19. So TO LOVE A HERO release was my birthday gift.

Sometimes funny things happen.

On January 18, I was invited to my school reunion. The invitation came by e-mail with a list of at least fifty alumni on copy. I apologized for not being able to attend and announced the release of my first book. Many answered, promising to buy it. Including my home teacher from 6th grade, Sister Claude who wanted to read my book, saying I was her best student in essay. I was thrilled and…horrified. Sister Claude reading my sizzling romance. I answered saying I would be honored if she read my book but could she please skip Chapter Six. Shshhh… it’s my first love scene.

Through my novel, I lived again my fantastic trips to Belarus. My story highlights the hospitality and warmth of the gorgeous and gallant Belarussian officers who sing, toast with vodka and make a woman feel like a goddess.

I had a lot of fun writing this book and I hope you will discover a new country and
interesting culture while reading TO LOVE A HERO.

TO LOVE A HERO can be purchased at Cerridwen Press.
http://www.cerridwenpress.com/RecentRelease.asp

8 comments

  1. Anny Cook // January 24, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

    Wow! What a lucky woman! You're so fortunate to have so many friends and family rooting for you.

    Go, girl, go!

  2. Josie // January 24, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

    Mona,
    What a wonderful support group of family and friends. Your book cover is beautiful. I wish you continued success and a belated Happy Birthday!

  3. Liz Jasper // January 24, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

    Hold on. I saw a picture of cake. I think ebooks are great (save a tree, read e!) but virtual cake isn't working for me. Let me send you my address...

  4. Mona Risk // January 24, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

    Wish you were here. The cake was delicious.

  5. Sandra Cox // January 24, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

    Great blog, Mona! I seriously think you are going to break sales records for your 1st sale!
    Big hug,
    Sandra

  6. Beth Trissel // January 24, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

    Great post. I enjoyed the glimpse into your life this past week and am so excited for you. What a lot of support you have. I'm wowed.

  7. Helen Scott Taylor // January 25, 2008 at 6:04 AM  

    What a lovely cake. And the poster of your book cover was wonderful. With all your family and friends lining up to buy your book I'm sure it will be a huge success!

    Helen

  8. Nightingale // January 25, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

    I tried to post yesterday but the internet was against me. Mona, you have a winner here. I'm so delighted for you. Does January 19 make you a Capricorn? So are Toni and I. Three Cappys--danger!

    Sincerely congratulations on a great book.