HAPPY NEW YEAR

As we hit the New Year with enthusiasm and joy, we look back at 2007 and pondered. We had a set of resolutions last year, and the year before. Have we kept them?
I know I hit the gym on January 2 and 3, 2007, then my mother was rushed to the hospital and I forgot every single one of my resolutions.

But who cares if I didn’t follow the neat schedule I have put on paper. Sometimes later, when Mom survived her congestive heart failure, I made different resolutions. I never bothered to write them because no one asked me to and it wasn’t New Year anymore. But I acted immediately which was better.


I reviewed the book of my heart written three years earlier and edited for the hundredth and …time, and pitched it to an editor because my unvoiced and unwritten resolution was to submit and submit until I got published.

Should I call it a miracle? Pure luck? Or the result of perseverance? TO LOVE A HERO will be released on January 17, 2008 by Cerridwen Press. The result of a delayed resolution.

So what are my resolutions for this year?
1-Do more promo for my first book, TO LOVE A HERO, the love story of an American Scientist and a Russian General, a romantic suspense set in exotic Belarus.
2-Write a Medical Romance, and a Short Contemporary for Mills & Boone, and
a Romantic Suspense for Cerridwen Press.
3-Learn to type the normal way with two hands. My way is fast but not efficient,
relying too much on my right hand.
4-Participate in more blogs.
5-Read the 50 books in my bookcase waiting to be read
And the new e-books I gave myself as Christmas presents.
6-Spend more time with my hubby and listen,really listen when he says something, instead of vaguely smile while plotting the next scene.

7-Go to the Gym three times a week. Ambitious? No not nearly.
How about walk for an hour on the two other days.


8- Stay away from sweet. Eat fruits instead. And salad and veggies.
9- Stay away from sodas. Drink water instead.
10- Regularly visit Mom and the grandkids.
Okay ten resolutions. I hope I can keep them. All of them. At least for a few months.
What are your resolutions?

8 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // January 1, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

    I have many of the same resolutions as you do, Mona. I want to lose those five+pounds, get my garden(s) and myself back in shape, spend time with all my dear family, while also having time to really work on the new story I recently posted. Balance is the word. So, all for one and one for all and let's cheer each other on.

  2. Mona Risk // January 1, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

    All for one and one for all. YEAH. That's the way to do it. And we can do it all.

  3. Misc. Muse // January 1, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

    Oh mona I think all of us have the gym as a new years resolution. All most all my no. were bad on my blood test- I knew they would be - it is hard when your family won't eat like you need to. I threw out rest of the holiday sugar. It is so hard being good.

  4. Anonymous // January 2, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

    Wow, you've inspired me!

  5. Beth Trissel // January 3, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

    What fun it would be if we could all walk the track together and chat away!

  6. Mary Marvella // January 4, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

    Love it, girls.

    We could make one long list of all our goals and add or delete for a few individuals.

  7. Sandra Cox // January 5, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

    Is that you and your honey, Mona. That's a great pic.

  8. Beth Trissel // January 8, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

    I agree. That is a great pic!