Back about a quarter of the last Century ago, when I lived in the Wilds of the American Mid-West, the State of Nebraska celebrated its Sequecentennial. Momentarily caught up in the fervor of how it felt to be in a New State of the Union, and with suggestions from a boyfriend who liked to read Westerns, I wrote two novels set in Nebraska--Walk the Shadow Trail and Vengeance from Eden. The story of a German nobleman's assimilation into the American West's culture and the effect it has on him and the man who befriends him, Walk the Shadow Trail was in the Publishers Top 20 list during the months of July, August, and October, 1998.

I received notice of its acceptance by Books in Motion Publishers two weeks before I went in for the surgery to replace the worn-out prosthesis in my right hip , and so long after its submission that I had forgotten about it. Later, it was published as an ebook and in print by Double Dragon Publications. The audio book allowed me to hear Will's German-accented, and--in the beginning--naive voice, as well as Johnny Moon's weary cynicism. In the following trailer, you can see them as well, to the accompaniment of Kevin MacLeod's Laid Back Guitars.



4 comments

  1. Mary Ricksen // November 9, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

    You are really getting good at the trailers Toni. I'm impressed.
    I love a good western. I think I was an Indian in one of my last lives.
    Keep up the good stuff!

  2. Mary Marvella // November 9, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

    Good job, as usual!

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // November 9, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

    Toni, the trailer is great! Can't wait to read the book! You're really getting good with the trailers, I think you should hang out a shingle and do them for others. You could make a little change for it!

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel

  4. Toni V.S. // November 9, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

    Well, Miss Scarlet--what I'd like to do is go back to school and study such but since I'm being sent back home, that'll never happen. If you're rather hear Will and Johnny tell the story, it's an audio book, too.