Where's your list?

Posted by Hildie McQueen | 5:00 AM | | 10 comments »

It's the fourth week of 2012, have you kept your resolutions?  Did you even make them?

I live to write down my resolutions, I look forward to writing my resolutions list and making copies of it that I place in strategic places throughout the house.  I check it daily and smile nodding my head at the good resolution keeper that I am.  I usually put a tick mark next to the date on my datebook.  Check! Another day that I stayed on track!

I tell myself that I rule, and that this year is going to be 'the one'.  The euphoric time usually ends by the second week of the year, when I begin to wait longer between visits to my list and when I do, I sigh more than smile at how behind I am and how bad it is that I didn't reach my goal...again.

Finally the list will be forgotten, I'll accidentally happen upon it and again I will sigh and pat the piece of paper as if it is the one that needed reassuring.



Not this year by golly.  This year I'm super successful!  I am making strides.  Not sure where I'm headed except to say that for once in my life, I'm not disappointed.  I'm not dejected and I'm not sighing.

Because I forgot to write down my resolutions!  Ooops.

If you did make a list, I hope you're sticking to it and doing well.  I may still sit down and write a list, I suppose it's still January.

Oh My God, just had a thought!  If I make my list now, then next year I can say I made it past the first month!

Bye Ya'll - I gotta go - - Going to make my resolutions list...

10 comments

  1. Nightingale // January 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM  

    I don't make them because I don't like lying to myself! :-)

  2. Beth Trissel // January 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM  

    Me neither. Although I did hear a funny one about a guy resolving to gain weight and take up smoking. thought he could keep those.

  3. Mary Marvella // January 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM  

    Hildie, Linda, and Beth, you are so funny! I am NOT a list person, but I have made lists if everyone around me did. Some years I take the list from the previous year and copy it. There are always enough things left over for another year.

  4. Hildie McQueen // January 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM  

    I still have not made my list, I started to and got sidetracked by cheesecake!

  5. Judith Keim // January 26, 2012 at 8:59 AM  

    I don't make a list but I have big goals in my head that I think about a lot. The little stuff I don't bother with...

  6. Hildie McQueen // January 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM  

    Good way of 'thinking' Judy, it makes sense.

  7. Pamela Varnado // January 26, 2012 at 1:22 PM  

    I have one resolution this year. Be kind to myself. If I focus on this everything else will fall into place.

  8. Mary Ricksen // January 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM  

    No resolutions for me. I just feel guilty when I don't keep them!

  9. Patrice Wilton // January 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM  

    I didn't make any personal ones, only career wise - to write another romantic comedy by April and one of my hero stories by the end of the year. I'm on target so far.

  10. Josie // January 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM  

    Hildie,
    I've made New Year resolution lists for as long as I can remember. Because I'm a music teacher, I also think of September as a new year--so I write lists twice a year. Now if I can only stick to them!