Hello!
My name is Callie Lynn Wolfe.  For those of you who do not know me, I am the Senior Managing Edit of the Wild Rose Press’ Black Rose Line.  We handle the darker side of the garden.  Weres, Vamps, demons, incubus or any other dark fantasy creature you can conjure up. We are very excited about our latest call out and hope that we can induce you to submit.  Traditional holiday stories not excluded. See information below for more details.
You can also visit our website at www.thewildrosepress.com for more detailed guideline information regarding Black Rose or any other of our specific lines.
I am also proud to announce that TWRP has taken the Best Book Publisher with Preditors and Editors for the FOURTH year in a row!
Black Rose is now looking for stories relating to the Pagan holidays.

*Yule (similar to Christmas)
*Imbolc (candlemass)
*Ostara (Spring Equinox)
*Beltane (May Day)
*Litha - Midsummer (Summer Solstice)
*Lughnasadh (First Harvest)
*Mabon (Autumn Equinox)
*Samhain (End of the Celtic year)

Length requirement: 20-40K
Heat level: Spicy
Stories should involve characters that fit within the Black Rose guidelines.


For more information, please go to: www.thewildrosepress.com, click “About Us” then proceed to “Submissions” and Black Rose(left sidebar) guidelines.


Please submit this special call directly to Callie Lynn Wolfe, Senior Editor at callielynnwrp@aol.com

Place the words
Pagan Holiday Call in the email subject line. Submissions will be considered and a response given between 14-21 days of receipt of manuscript. Submissions are open now!

Black Rose is always looking for fresh new stories covering a variety of paranormal subjects, and we are always interested in new paranormal romance authors. So if you've got that hot were, sexy vamp, to die for demon or any dark paranormal creature you can conjure up, we are looking for you! See our guidelines on The Wild Rose Press website!


PAGAN SEASONAL CELEBRATIONS
Pagan Wheel

Below is the Pagan Wheel. I have also included some links that discusses the meaning behind each celebration.

File:Wheel of the Year.svg

Thank you for stopping by.
Callie Lynn Wolfe
Senior Managing Editor
The Wild Rose Press, Black Rose Line

11 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // January 22, 2012 at 1:34 AM  

    Good Sunday morning, Callie!

  2. Nightingale // January 22, 2012 at 1:46 AM  

    Hi Callie! I'm going to ruffle around in my box of ideas to see if I can come up with a story that fits the theme. Ladies, I can tell you Callie is great to work with! (And yes I know that a sentence shouldn't end with a preposition!)

  3. Mary Marvella // January 22, 2012 at 3:13 AM  

    Linda, I am soooo laughing!

  4. Jamie Dierks // January 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM  

    Linda, that is an old wives tale about ending in a preposition. It's actually proper grammar. The book is called Woe is I by grammar guru Patricia T. O'Conner.
    And Callie, I've been working on a story just like this, but put it on the back burner. I'll have to take another look.

  5. Judith Keim // January 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM  

    Thanks for visiting, Callie! Hope your day is sunny and warm, like it is in Florida!

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM  

    Hello Callie, so nice of you to stop by with your open call for submissions. Do you have a deadline? I've got to check my files to see what might fit!

    Ladies, don't you think we could find Callie a few stories?

  7. Mary Ricksen // January 22, 2012 at 3:32 PM  

    What a great event!! Write people, write!

  8. Callie Lynn // January 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM  

    Hello, Mary and Linda. LOL Linda, I do let prepositions go once in a while, and I do mean ONCE in a while. And technically, awhile and a while is quite an issue as well:) But that is another story.

    Hi, Jamie Lee. I am looking forward to seeing just what you've got. This has been a fun callout. We are getting some awesome and unique stories.

    As a matter of fact, Judy. It is a beautiful day. I am also in Florida--the southern end:)

    Ms. Scarlet! And how are you? No deadline as of now. I am having too much fun with the subs to put a deadline.

    Hello, Mary R!

    Thank you for having me, as always.

    Callie

  9. Barbara Monajem // January 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM  

    I'm moaning and groaning here because I enjoy stories about Pagan holidays and would love to write one, but I'm overwhelmed with other stuff right now. I will definitely be thinking about this, though. :)

  10. Beth Trissel // January 23, 2012 at 10:01 AM  

    Hello Callie :) So good to get this super update from you.

  11. Josie // January 23, 2012 at 1:46 PM  

    Thank you, Callie. It's always a pleasure to "see" you on the Pink Fuzzies.