Imagine my surprise when a note popped up on my screen stating I was to blog here today. (INSERT A PICTURE OF A BLUSHING, WIDE EYED WRITER HERE) Then I came to the blog and saw Patrice's opening line and thought whew I'm not the only one. (Thank you, lady. I'll team up with you anyday.)

This week, I ordered my DH to find me penicls that have good erasers because my schedule seems to change from hour to hour and my daytimer is a mess. My gosh, it's only January 13th.

At times, life can be like one of those twirly, upside down roller coasters, which I hate BTW. Or bummer cars, which I love. You know what I mean. You’re going along at a nice steady pace, the sun is shining on you, the temperature is perfect and, well, everything is just grand. Then out of no where, CHOAS drops in your lap. Your plans along with your great intentions are thrown right out the window. Grrrblonk!

Sigh. What to do?

Shrug it off. Take a deep breath and start again. I mean what else can you do, right? Giving up is not option. (I got that line from a critique partner a few years back. Good one, huh?)

If you need to take a step back for a moment, do it. A hot bubble bath helps the BP. Or spend time with a good friend. Or read a great book. In other words, do something for yourself. If you don't take care of you, how can you take care of choas?

Okay, those my words of wisdom today.

Have a great weekend everyone and if you need a great book to read check out the ones written by these wonderful Fuzzy ladies. It's a collection of great ones.

www.autumnjordon.com

8 comments

  1. Barbara Monajem // January 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM  

    Thanks for the words of wisdom, Autumn. Life is definitely crazy and needs to be taken one day at a time. I try to give myself some reading time every evening to recharge myself for the next day. I'm also trying to save a few moments for yoga -- those stretches feel so good!

  2. Judith Keim // January 14, 2012 at 6:47 AM  

    Hi, Autumn! Good to read your blog and know that I'm not the only one caught up in a whirlwind at times. Hope all is going nice and steady and healthy...

  3. Beth Trissel // January 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM  

    Hello Autumn dear. Good to hear from you and appreciate your sharing. So agree with you.

  4. Autumn Jordon // January 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM  

    Thanks, ladies.

    Barbara, I would so love to try yoga. Good for you.

    Thanks, Judy. I'm hoping for a slow down soon. WINK

    Beth, Thanks. Your posts today (SAT) is gourgous. You are an inspiration.

  5. Pamela Varnado // January 14, 2012 at 2:40 PM  

    Autumn, life gets in the way and I forget to blog all the time. I try not to beat myself up and just do the best I can. Meditation helps to center me, otherwise I'd pull my hair out :)

  6. Patrice Wilton // January 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM  

    Autumn,
    I think we're all living far too busy lives. Whatever happened to the days we could sit back and read a book, or talk on the phone for hours (not that I ever did that, but you know what I mean!)
    We need to slow down and smell the roses.

  7. Mary Ricksen // January 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM  

    I'm trying!!

  8. Josie // January 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM  

    I agree, Autumn. Our Pink Fuzzy ladies are the finest writers around.