My Invisible Cat

Posted by Hildie McQueen | 5:00 AM | , | 8 comments »

"I have a cat."

"No really I do!"

This is a dialog that I repeat many times to my friends because none have seen my cat.  His name is Dyson.  Hubby named him after the vacuum cleaner, not sure why.  Dyson is a shy animal. He lives in the master suite in my house.  Other than a venture out once or twice a day (or probably at night when no one is sleeping) to go to the little box int he laundry room, he never leaves his self-proclaimed territory.

More times than not I envy Dyson, his simple lifestyle and the fact that he doesn't care to know more people than the two that invade his space every night.  He prefers solitude, the perfect day is to sit at an open window and watch the birds outside. He doesn't worry about his food, his figure, bills or the what it's of tomorrow.

I think I will strive to be more like my 'invisible cat" and seek pleasure in the simple things.

Now let me see if I can go see what he's doing and copy him.  Oh boy, I don't think I fit on the windowsill!



Happy Days Ya'll!

Hildie McQueen
Desperate Betrayal, Available on Amazon now!
Romance with A Pen and A Tiara!

8 comments

  1. Nightingale // January 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM  

    I love cats but they can be elusive. I had one once though who acted like a dog. Tom was a large marmalade tabby.

  2. Mary Ricksen // January 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM  

    Amazingly, my cat comes when I call her. As long as I don't touch her without permission...

  3. Beth Trissel // January 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM  

    I am a big cat lover--also love dogs. I have three inside cats, one of whom, like yours is quite shy.

  4. Mary Marvella // January 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM  

    Noooo cats for me. They insist on being in charge. Dogs I can handle better. They adore me.

    I suspect any cat living with you is fortunate(as king of all his surroundings and his people).

  5. Anonymous // January 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM  

    I have on of those too! We went on vacation, were gone 12 days and the lady who was supposed to feed the cat never saw her. Not once, the food was eaten, the water drank, but no cat. She lurks mostly upstairs, but loves to sit in the sunroom windows on occasion. She holds the entire world in utter disdain. I should be so lucky.

    Scarlet

  6. Judith Keim // January 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM  

    Your post was so perfect, Hildie, because we have a long-haired Dachshund, Winston, who is very sweet even though he is terribly spoiled. My husband keeps saying, "Wait a minute! I want to be the dog!"

  7. Anonymous // January 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM  

    my sisterinlaw has a dog that lives in her bedroom. I have never seen it. But it has a name and I have seen its food dish...karla

  8. Josie // January 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM  

    Cute post, Hildie, and oh-so-true. The simple life seems ever more appealing, and your cat has the right idea.