Welcome, Linda. I'm so glad you could join us in front of the fireplace. Today is the perfect day to enjoy the lovely, HOT flames.

I see you brought your own slippers. Would you care for a cup of coffee or hot tea, or maybe hot chocolate with marshmallows?






Thank you for inviting me to blog today, Mary!

I love the name of this blog. It reminds me of the fuzzy flip flops I made a few years ago for my daughter and nieces. They’re easy to make, just attach fuzzy yarn and single crochet or slip stitch it tightly around the band of the thongs, pushing stitches closely together. The fuller you make them, the prettier they are. Michaels and Hobby Lobby have tongs in many colors and sizes and a beautiful choice of yarn. Little and big girls alike love these to wear to the pool and with their favorite summer outfits, plus they’re fun to make.

Sorry I don’t have a pair already made to share, but here is an example of some of the colorful yarns.

My heroine in A Marshal of Her Own, one of my recent releases, would definitely have a yellow pair. But when she travels back in time, she’s wearing her tennis shoes. She ends up liking her new leather button-up shoes, but she resorts to her sneakers as often as possible. Here is a blurb and excerpt.

Blurb:

Despite rumors of “strange doings” at a cabin in Fredericksburg, investigative reporter Dessa Wade books the cottage from which lawyer, Charity Dawson, disappeared in 2008. Dessa is intent on solving the mystery. Instead, she is caught in the mystery that surrounds the cabin and finds herself in 1890 in a shootout between the Faraday Gang and a US Marshal.

Marshal Cole Jeffers doesn’t believe Miss Wade is a time traveler. He admits she’s innocent of being an outlaw, but thinks she knows more about the gang than she’s telling. When she’s kidnapped by Zeke Faraday, Cole is determined to rescue her. He’s longed for a woman of his own, and Dessa Wade just might be the one—if she’ll commit to the past.

Excerpt:

Dessa stood still and watched as they conversed. Something stank to high heaven about this entire situation. Why were the cops chasing robbers on horseback? It’s not like Fredericksburg was that isolated. She glanced at the captured men. The boy moaned, and she made a step to go over and help him. The Marshal spun, and the expression in his eye froze her in place.

“He needs first aid.”

“He’s fine. The Doc will tend to him when we get to the jail.”

“You could at least call 911 and let them patch him up for you.” She nodded to the man lying so still with his eyes closed. “Your other prisoner doesn’t look so good. He’s going to die on you if you don’t start CPR or get him some help.”

“Lady, no one is going to hear a yell from out here. Never heard of any 911 or CPR.” He propped the hand not holding the shotgun on his hip and threw her a disgusted look. “Are you blind? That man is dead, shot through the heart.”

Her head swam for a moment, and she struggled not to give in to the sensation and faint. She drew in deep gulps of air. “Well...well..., what about the coroner and the meat wagon, not to mention the CSI folks? If you don’t get them to record the scene, how are you going to cover your butt? The authorities might say you shot him in cold blood.”

He looked at her like she’d sprouted an extra head. “I don’t know what the hell you are talking about woman. No one will question my authority. I’m the law in this county. Now, be quiet, or I’m going to gag you.”

A Marshal of Her Own is available now at The Wild Rose Press, Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com and other online book stores. It is the sequel to A Law of Her Own available at The Wild Rose Press, Amazon.com, and Barnes and Noble.com and other online book stores. A Love of His Own, the third story in the Prairie, Texas series, will be released May 16, 2012.

Happy Reading and Write folks. I’d love for you to leave me a comment or question.

Linda

Writing Romance With a Twist in Time

www.lindalaroque.com

http://www.lindalaroqueauthor.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tinyman#!/linda.laroque

http://twitter.com/#!/LindaLaRoque

15 comments

  1. Linda LaRoque // January 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM  

    Hot cocoa sounds yummy, Mary! Thanks for having me on the Pink Fuzzy Slipper Writers today. You ladies have an intersting site. I look forward to chatting with your readers.

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 5, 2012 at 1:55 AM  

    Linda, welcome to the pink fizzles. We are pleased to have you visit today. I just finished reading a cowboy book and really enjoyed it.I can't wait to read your story. It looks like the perfect read for a cold day in Georgia.

  3. Mary Marvella // January 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM  

    Hey, Linda! Wat a cold, clear morning in Georgia! Of course one of more of those can change in a few minutes. I vote for sunny and warmer.

  4. Linda LaRoque // January 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM  

    Hi, Scarlet! Glad to be here. It is cold and sunny here in central Texas. I love those cowboy books, especially if they have some bad guys, a little humor, and some romance.

  5. Linda LaRoque // January 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM  

    Hey, Mary. Georgia sounds like Texas--if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute because it will change. Hope you get some sun to warm up.

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM  

    Linda, you are so right about the weather changing. We had a low of 18 yesterday and tomorrow it is supposed to be above 50. The only bad thing about the rapidly changing weather is is makes everyone sick! So glad you came to visit with us today.

  7. Beth Trissel // January 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM  

    Linda, so happy to have you with us! What wonderful fuzzy slippers you made. I love a good western and yours sounds fabulous.

  8. Autumn Jordon // January 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM  

    Linda, I love westerns and time travels. I'm so glad westerns are on the comeback. Your story sounds like a good one. I'm adding it to my kindle wishlist. It is available in kindle, right? I hope so.

    AJ

  9. Nightingale // January 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM  

    Sorry I missed dropping by for this post! What inspired you to write the Texas Series? I live in Houston

  10. Linda LaRoque // January 6, 2012 at 5:08 PM  

    Thank you, Beth!

    Yes, Autumn, it is available in Kindle as is the first one in the series.

    I live in the Waco area, Nightengale and love all things Texas and the old west.

  11. Mary Ricksen // January 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM  

    What a wonderful blog Linda! I'm just getting into Westerns again! This one sounds very, very, interesting.

  12. Linda LaRoque // January 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM  

    Thanks, Mary. I love westerns but seem to enjoy most everything. Right now I'm reading stories about the Saxons.

  13. Judith Keim // January 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM  

    Linda, Sorry to be late chiming in. I love the cover of your book and the excerpt is wonderful. I love time travel and the idea of putting it together in a western. So creative! Know you'll have good luck with it!! Can't wait to read it!

  14. Josie // January 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM  

    A belated welcome, Linda, to the Pink Fuzzies. I've been away for the week but glad MM invited you to visit us.

    Sounds like you have a great Western read.

  15. Linda LaRoque // January 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM  

    Thank you, Judy and Josie. Judy, this is my third western time travel--My Heart Will Find Yours and A Law of Her Own were the first and second.

    I'm glad MM invited me, Josie. Hope you had an enjoyable week away. We do need those on occasion.