Resolutions Anyone?

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 8:48 PM | 11 comments »

It's that time of year, time to put aside all the wonderful goodies from the holidays and get serious about--well, everything. My doctor is on my case about my blood glucose being high. Yep, Christmas probably put it through the roof, so that one thing I really have to work on.

Then there is the fact that I haven't been working on my writing. My critique partner has been gently trying to urge me back into the saddle after my last round of rejections. Don't you believe it, she pulled out the whip and chair and backed me into a corner of Wendy's demanding I hit the keys. Everyone knows who my critique partner is, right? So, getting back work on my stale, pale and half forgotten WIP makes the list.

Then there is the five pound I put on during Christmas, that really must go! So, looking into my crystal ball I see lots of salad in my future. Ten pounds before Valentines Day seems doable.

Finally, I got two requests for fulls at National and I haven't sent then out. Likewise, another request for a partial from an agent at Moonlight & Magnolias still to be emailed.

That makes four and that's about all I can handle. How about you? What is it that needs your attention in the new year?

11 comments

  1. Hildie McQueen // January 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM  

    Scarlett, you have set realistic, achievable goals, go forth and conquer! Hildie

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM  

    MM is a real task master!

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM  

    Hildie, I am hoping they are!

  4. Mary Ricksen // January 3, 2012 at 2:42 PM  

    I need a shove myself!

  5. Beth Trissel // January 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM  

    I should be doing much of the same sort of thing---after my nap.

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM  

    Mary, we don't need shovels yet, but it is 25 degrees outside with a low predicted of 18. In Georgia? Get real! We do not like the cold!

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM  

    Beth, speaking of naps, I just got up from mine. Came home from the doctor, took a pain pill and slept off the effect of the spinal shot. It still hurts, but hopefully the results will be worth it.

    Now, about those goals????

  8. Autumn Jordon // January 3, 2012 at 10:46 PM  

    AWESOME! I'm so glad to hear MM got the whip out and you're hitting the keyboard.

    As far as the dieting, two words; moderation and dancing. Don't deny yourself and have fun.

  9. Scarlet Pumpernickel // January 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM  

    Autumn, I'm hoping the procedures will be successful and I can be more active. Hoping to have my dancing shoes on soon.

    I am hoping to get into the groove and get those goals in sight soon.

  10. Judith Keim // January 4, 2012 at 7:50 AM  

    Scarlett, get those requests out!! This could be a great year for you!!

  11. Josie // January 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM  

    Scarlet,
    I'm hoping to write an Amish inspy after spending time in a B & B in the beautiful Pennsylvania Dutch countryside in Lancaster, Pa.