Good afternoon, ladies,

Miss Mary Tutors stopped by today and left an assignment for each of you. She would like for you to read the following sentences and see if you can find those that contain no grammatical errors. I told her you weren't into grammar lessons, but she gave me "the school teacher look". When she raises one eyebrow and looks at me over her glasses, she is one scary old woman. No sweet Mary Poppins, that one! She put her small hands on her ample hips and tapped her size 5 1/2, black, old lady, lace-up shoe. I don't argue with her when she's like that.
Here are the sentences and have fun.

Do you see any errors?

Put the book on the table.

I need the book on the table.

John ran inside the house.

John ran inside.

John ran in the house from outside.

The boy under the table is a jerk.

The small boy ran under the table.

Those books in the package are my favorite.

The people in our building work on weekends.

Running in the evening relaxes me.

All boys must get their coats from the cloakroom.

Every football player need to visit their doctor.

Everyone need to visit their doctor.

Nobody in my family like to read.


Well? Did you find the errors?

5 comments

  1. Nightingale // March 28, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

    **hand up** I found some errors, Miss Mary.

  2. Mary Marvella // March 28, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

    Good girl, Miss Linda.

  3. Mary Marvella // March 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

    Since Autumn posted such a lovely bog, I think I'll repost this later and add some answers.

  4. Author Roast and Toast // March 28, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

    I found mistakes! Yes, post the answers later, so I can be sure I know how to write the English language.

  5. Judith Keim // March 29, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

    Thanks...fun but wanted some answers. I could see both errors and correct sentences