Friends Comments


For many years I worked in medical and dental offices. My last job was with a semi crazy dentist who was a very strange man. I think he was bi-polar. Anyways, the other girls I managed and myself got along very well. We were always laughing and having fun with the patients.


Funny Comments

They loved us. How great is it to go to a dental office and have fun
Funny Comments

The head assistant was Polish and I learned how to swear in Polish, something my Polish grandmother woulda laughed hysterically over.
She was always trying to put signs on my back that said, "kick me". So I decided to get her back
Funny Comments
real good!Lucky for me she has a sense of humor.

Funny Comments

I wrote a sign, (I know I'm awful hee hee), It said, "Honk if you got happy last night." In big black letters, and I put it on the back of her van. She walked right past it and never saw a thing.
We finished up the day and she left. I only live a few minutes from where I worked, but she had a forty minute drive.

Funny Comments

After about an hour or so I got a phone call. She was yelling at me in Polish, I recognized some of the swear words. In the background her husband was rolling on the floor laughing and talking in Polish, you could tell he loved it. She started to laugh and told me what happened.
At first she thought it odd that people were smiling at her and yelling as they drove by her. Some people cheered, but the reaction was so frequent that she couldn't figure it out. She drove home waving to people who all honked and waved to her. She had no clue, but she wondered. A car of teenagers at a light offered her a prophylactic. Lucky for me she had a great sense of humor.
When she got home she told her husband about all the honking and waving. It wasn't until he went out to close their gate that he saw the sign and brought it to her.
Funny Comments

She never got me back, that joke was untoppable! To this day she talks about it and we laugh. Bonnie is such a good sport and such a good friend. Love you Bonnie!
Honk, Honk!

Kisses Comments

13 comments

  1. Barbara Monajem // March 29, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

    Thanks, Mary. That was a good laugh break from my work break.

  2. Jannine Gallant // March 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

    Great story - I loved it!

  3. Joelle Charbonneau // March 29, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

    This is a fabulous story! Thanks for the laugh!!!!

  4. Autumn Jordon // March 29, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

    Oh, Mary, you are a devil. Rothflol.

  5. Mary Ricksen // March 29, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

    I am so bad!!

  6. Sharon Donovan // March 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

    Mary, what a scream! You are without question queen of the practical jokes! Thanks for the chuckle.
    Sharon

  7. Hywela Lyn // March 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

    I had to take a break from my editing to read this - now I won't be able to concentrate for chuckling.

    Mary - you are bad! bad! bad!

    Hugs

  8. Mary Marvella // March 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

    Mary, you are a queen!

  9. Maeve Greyson // March 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

    Mary, you are such a "hoot"! I bet Bonnie is a friend for life just because you "got" her that day! Thanks for the laugh. Where would we be if we couldn't laugh at ourselves?

  10. Mary Ricksen // March 29, 2010 at 7:31 PM  

    She is a very good sport. And a treasured friend! She taught me how to swear in Polish. It was so much fun to curse at the boss and he had no clue. She would turn pink when I would say stuff, course I didn't know how really bad I was cursing!

  11. Margaret Tanner // March 30, 2010 at 5:36 AM  

    Hi Mary,
    Very intertaining. Thanks for giving me such a good laugh. You can't know how I needed that after a hard day at work.

  12. P.L. Parker // March 30, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

    How funny. I grew up in a family of practical jokers - you learned quickly to spot the coming chaos. My father was the lead culprit, but we had so much fun planning. Unfortunately, my husband suffers the jokes these days. I have to have someone!!!

  13. Josie // March 30, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

    Hysterical, Mary. Thanks for the laugh.