Joanne- Recipe--Oatmeal cookies

Posted by Josie | 1:39 PM | 7 comments »

Everyone has a favorite recipe for oatmeal cookies. This one has been in the family for many years, courtesy of my 80 year old mom. Hope you enjoy!

Oatmeal cookies

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 sticks of softened butter
pinch of baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
3 cups oatmeal

Add vanilla and baking soda and eggs to butter. Add sugars and flour and oatmeal. You may need to add more flour until the dough is stiff

Place tsps. of each onto baking sheet. Rolls into ball and press down. Bake 5 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Let cool.

7 comments

  1. Edie Ramer // April 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

    It looks delicious, Joanne! It sounds like the recipe my mom used to use.

  2. Mary Ricksen // April 19, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

    Thanks for the recipe Joanne!!!!

  3. Mary Marvella // April 19, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

    I LOVE oatmeal cookies! thanks, Joanne.

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // April 19, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

    Joanne, sounds great! Can't wait to try these! Just what I need!

    Scarlet

  5. Judith Keim // April 20, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

    You gotta love all that butter! Actually I've had serious bakers tell me that butter is what makes a cookie real. Looks yummy!

  6. Josie // April 20, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

    I have also heard that butter is every chef's secret ingredient.

  7. Barbara Monajem // April 21, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

    Hurray for butter! My husband has been making homemade baklava lately. You wouldn't believe the butter in it! And it tastes magnificent.

    Thanks for the recipe. Oatmeal cookies are my favorite by far.