BACK from RT Convention

Posted by Mona Risk | 11:31 PM | | 9 comments »





We had a fabulous time, that is, very productive meetings.


Going to workshops, signing books, listening to advice, etc...













Mona signing her book for..... guess who?













Helen Scott-Taylor stopped to pay a visit on Wednesday while I signed my ebook French Peril.










Mary Marvella, our lovely mama, Linda Nightingale and yours truly, when they first met and hugged.





Ready for some pictures to prove how serious we were?



What do you expect when 800 women, sorry 800 writers, get together yaking, I mean seriously discussing business, while ogling, make that, studying, as in doing important research for future books, twenty to-die-for male models.









Jianne Carlo who managed to write six chapters during this SERIOUS time. Didn't I just say we were working thoroughly?

Next to her, Mary Marvella, Linda Nightingale as lovely brunette and Mona Risk.









Now you know what a tough leader we have when she cracks the whip? Right Mary?








After all this hard work, we had to eat, for sustainance, you know!!
A friend suggested a Greek restaurant.

The brave male lost in a female crowd is my own husband.




Giving the good example for entertainment.


And the writers dutifully followed suite.









And learned to bellydance,
for book research.
Of course.





More pictures on my blog tomorrow.
http://www.monarisk.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. I came back home this morning directly to to the hospital where my mother was moved to after falling and hurting her head. She is more stable now.

9 comments

  1. Edie Ramer // April 27, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

    It looked like a lot of fun! I'm glad your mother is better. I'm sending prayers.

  2. Judith Keim // April 27, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

    Thanks for sharing, Mona! It looks like fun. Love to see the group... Hope your mother is doing better. I know what kind of stress that brings. Good luck!

  3. Barbara Monajem // April 27, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

    Glad you had so much fun (and sorry you had to come home to so much stress)... I'm looking forward to more pictures and hope I'll be able to attend next year.

  4. Helen Hardt // April 27, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

    I wish I had been there -- thanks so much for sharing your photos!

    Helen

  5. Beth Trissel // April 27, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

    Oh Mona, this looks like so much fun!
    I have go to get myself to RT someday. I love the pics and your witty comments. Really enjoyed this post! Thanks.

  6. Josie // April 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

    Mona,
    Sounds like all of you had a blast! I'm sure you were thrilled to see Helen again, also.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.

  7. Allison Chase // April 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

    It was an exciting week and it was great to see both you and your husband there! And I met one of your fellow bloggers, Mary, online for the Fairy Ball.

  8. Scarlet Pumpernickel // April 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

    Wow! Looks like you gals got a lot of "research" done! Wish I could have been with y'all.


    Scarlet

  9. Mary Marvella // April 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

    I was working hard, really I was! They made me dance, forced me. And the photos of me with the cover models were photo shopped.