HAPPY EASTER!

Posted by Mary Marvella | 12:45 PM | 7 comments »

Happy Easter all! Do you make Easter baskets for anyone? I made them for my daughter and her delightful husband. I bought the cutest baskets last year, a Hello Kitty one for my daughter and a soccer ball for my son-in-law.

Will you be shopping for Easter candy tomorrow? I will! I still have easter candy in my freezer. Yep! It keeps fine frozen. I won't buy much tomorrow but will do my best shopping when the leftovers are marked down to at least 75% off. Then I'll make a last trip for the 85-95% off stuff. By then there won't be much worth having but I'll look anyway. FYI, the candy on the baskets this year was new.

When my daughter was small we sometimes did out egg hunts on Saturday at home, since we spent many Easters with grandparents and cousins. Sometimes she would have us re-hide the eggs so she could "hunt" more. We even had more than one hunt inside the house because of bad weather.


Tell us your Easter stories.

7 comments

  1. Toni V.S. // April 12, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

    I'm to far away from everyone to make Easter baskets now but I'm made many in the past. We always saved the basket thought and bought new "grass" and eggs for it. Candy eggs for eating and real dyed and decorated ones for hiding. My own Easter basket lasted until I was in college!

  2. Edie Ramer // April 12, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

    I used to make Easter baskets for my son when he was young. We had my husband's family over today, and hubby made one big Easter basket. I'm proud of myself for not eating any of the candy. He's bringing the leftovers to work tomorrow so the candy won't be around to tempt me.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // April 12, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

    Edie,
    good idea sending the left over candy to work with hubby! I often buy left over candy and use it as bribes at school! LOL

    Great post MM

    Scarlet

  4. Anonymous // April 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

    I remember dying eggs and making our own baskets. We didn't do the "Easter Bunny hid these eggs" stories.

    Scarlet - Candy as bribes = works!

  5. Mary Marvella // April 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

    I used my daughter's basket until she was grown and married. I decided to do something different this year.Had a wild hare.

  6. Judith Keim // April 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

    This year I put together little Easter baskets for my two granddaughters, 9 and 10--cute little animal baskets with jumpropes in them and other stuff and one big chocolate rabbit. Winston, our dachshund, ran across the street and tried to help our neighbors with their Easter egg hunt! We quickly grabbed him before he helped too much! LOL

  7. Mary Marvella // April 14, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

    I'd like to make Easter baskets and Christmas stockings for grandkids one day.