I've been posting candy recipes for the past month and this is the last of the Christmas treats I'll post for the year, and it's one of the best.

I can't think of Christmas Candy without this being at the top of the list. It's quick, easy to make, and everyone loves it.

Ingredients:

1 cube butter
1 package grahams + 3 more whole crackers (crushed)
1/2 cup Coconut
1 (12 oz) package Chocolate chips
1 (12 oz) package Butterscotch chips
1 cup Cashew halfs and pieces
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Preheat over at 350.
While oven is heating, put a cube of butter in 9 x 13 pan into the oven to melt, remove when melted.
Sprinkle crushed grahams over butter evenly, then coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts, condensed milk (in this order)
Bake 15 minutes, turn bake 15 minutes longer.
(Note: at higher elevations may need up to 10 minutes longer to cook, condensed milk will turn deeper shade of brown.
Remove from over, let cool, cut.
(Note: I like to toast my coconut first so it’s crunchy)
PS: These are seriously addictive!

It doesn't matter if you say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad, Happy Kwanzaa, simply share the blessings with those around you.

From my house to yours, Merry Christmas.

Deb

7 comments

  1. Mary Ricksen // December 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM  

    You evil woman! Yummy!

  2. Beth Trissel // December 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM  

    Wow. You are quite the baker/cook.

  3. Unknown // December 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM  

    This looks amazing and easy. I'm putting it in the recipe file to try out on my critique group. Thanks for sharing and contributing to my bottom line (you know what I mean).
    Happy holidays Deb.

  4. Mary Marvella // December 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM  

    Amazing!
    Just gained a pound looking at it!

  5. Anonymous // December 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM  

    Deb,
    How much is a cube of butter? Is that one stick? I'm going to try this, but need to know the amount of butter! It looks yummy! If the stores weren't closed, I'd go get the ingredients tonight. Oh well, I'll make it next week. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful recipes.

    MJ Flournoy

  6. Anonymous // December 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM  

    Blogger ate my comment! I left one, really I did! I am going to try this the next time I need to make a dish for school. Now, I need to figure out how much butter is a cube? Anyone know?

    MJ Flournoy

  7. debjulienne // December 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM  

    MJ, a cube is half a cup...let me know if you need anything else.