When I was growing up my mom discovered this recipe and made a batch at Christmas time. The recipe ran her circle of friends and we have continued to make it ever since. I love it. This is a wonderful hot beverage on a cold night and even better when you have a sore throat, it's very soothing. (Contains vitamin C).


Start a Tea tradition in your family!

Prep time: 10 Min Serves: Makes about 7 cups = roughly 80 servings

Ingredients:

2 cups Tang orange drink mix
1 1/4 cup instant tea
12 oz lemonade mix
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions:

Put all ingredients in a gallon size zip-top bag.
Seal and turn/shake to combine thoroughly.
To Serve: Use 2-4 teaspoons of mix per cup of hot water.
Optional: Add a slice of lemon and/or orange AND you have to try it with a slice of fresh ginger.
Store airtight, or use the mix for gifts in a jar.

Enjoy.
Deb

5 comments

  1. Barbara Monajem // December 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM  

    This sounds easy and fun! I didn't know Tang stilled existed. In my childhood, we only had it on camping trips as a substitute for orange juice. I loved it for that reason -- it was different and special.

  2. Mary Marvella // December 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM  

    Mama made that and called it Russian tea, also! Some of my students' parents made it as gifts. Thanks for the blast from the past!

  3. debjulienne // December 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM  

    If you have a Winco near you, get the Tang, Instant Tea, and Lemonade mix there...otherwise most places charge ridiculous prices...you'll LOVE the flavor of this!

  4. debjulienne // December 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM  

    I've heard it called Russian Spiced Tea, Russian Tea, and Friendship Tea...all I know is I love the flavor.

  5. Anonymous // December 17, 2013 at 7:19 PM  

    I would love to try this, but I'm afraid the sugar content would be too high. Bummer! Hate that I can't have all the things I love due to blood sugar!

    MJ Flournoy