When I think of the food I like to cook to welcome in the New Year, it's always with the thought of this one particular recipe in mind. When I met my husband, his father was the cook. His recipes are famous in our family and we love to make them as a memory to him. I know is sounds silly, but when I make them I feel him close to us. From his Jungle Punch, to the Lumpia, and all the rest.

This is one that all the kids love best...what's not to love about mac n cheese? And believe it or not while we all love it hot from the oven, it's even better cold, the next day. If your kids like "mac n cheese" they'll love this recipe.

Ingredients:

1 pack Ham cut in small pieces
1 pack large macaroni elbow
6 eggs beaten
1 pack cheddar cheese shredded
Pepper and salt to taste

Directions:

Boil macaroni and drain.
Add eggs and cheese and ham.
Stir and season with salt and pepper.
Grease large pan with butter and pour in macaroni mix.
Cover with foil.
Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove foil back another 15 minutes until done.

Happy New Years!
deb

3 comments

  1. Barbara Monajem // December 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM  

    Sounds yummy, Deb. I've never made mac and cheese with eggs in it, so I may try this as a change from the usual. Thanks!

  2. Anonymous // January 1, 2014 at 2:44 AM  

    I wish I'd seen this before I went to the grocery store for my New Year's day dinner! I just might have to go back! Thanks for sharing!

    MJ Flournoy

  3. Mary Marvella // January 1, 2014 at 10:07 PM  

    Looks delicious to me!