I've had fun sharing my favorite recipes from Thanksgiving and Christmas, now it's time to get you all ready to celebrate the end of 2013 and prep for 2014. I have many things to be thankful for in 2013, my family, my job, the sale of my first book, I am truly blessed. (We won't discuss the bad...no gonna ruin anyone's holidays). I look forward to the New Year to see what it will bring for us all. May it be wonderful for everyone.

For those of you who love Egg Nog, here is a Puerto Rican Egg Nog that is to die for. I like to make it to ring in the New Year.

Note: No way can I survive this recipe on 5 cups of Rum, I'm a light weight--I usually do 3 cups, so use that at your own risk.

Coquito

Ingredients:

2 - 3 cinnamon sticks
2 c. water
12 oz. evaporated milk
14 oz. condensed milk
4 egg yolks
15 oz. cream of coconut
5 c. white rum (Bacardi, Don Q. etc) (Adjust to taste)

Directions:

Start by boiling the cinnamon sticks in the 2 cups of water.

When the water turns yellow and has the smell and you can taste the cinnamon, take the sticks out.

Now add the evaporated milk, condensed milk and egg yolks and cook at a very low temperature. Make sure to stir while it is cooking to avoid it sticking to your pan.

After it has boiled for a few minutes, stir in the cream of coconut and then the rum. Stir it very well and take off the stove.

Naturally you have to have a cup to taste test, then I store mine in the refrigerator, in a big pitcher. It's a lovely drink to warm up before bed.

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Much love to all,

deb

5 comments

  1. Mary Ricksen // December 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM  

    my DH loves egg nog, me not so much. He's making me make him this!

  2. Mary Ricksen // December 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Mary Marvella // December 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM  

    I would likely go light on the rum, too! It looks good!

  4. debjulienne // December 31, 2013 at 12:18 PM  

    Mary, be sure to let me know if he liked it???

  5. Anonymous // January 1, 2014 at 2:57 AM  

    I'm going to try this one next year. It sounds like a perfect night cap!

    MJ Flournoy