Rue Allyn is visiting with the Pink Fuzzy Slipper Writers today. Please help me make her welcome. Rue decided to treat us to an interview with the perfect hero of her latest novel, A True and Perfect Knight. Welcome Rue!

“Getting to Know You”

Most of my author friends have characters who talk to them (mentally that is). I seem to be the exception to that rule. I write like I read, discovering the story and the characters as I go. Not until the book is finished (that’s after several rounds of revising) do I really have a handle on my characters, sometimes not even then. Frequently the characters hold something back. So I thought I’d give you and me a chance to pick the brain—so to speak—of one of my most reticent heroes, Sir Haven de Sessions from A True and Perfect Knight (recently re-issued from Samhain Publishing). Please say hello to Lord Haven de Sessions
1)      What do you do for work?
I’m a knight in the service of Edward I of England. He recently rewarded my service with an Earlship.
2)      Where are you from?
My parents lost their lands and lives during an uprising in Normandy where I was born, but I was fostered at the Dreyford demesne north of York.
3)      What is the one thing about yourself that you would like us to know?  
I am very serious—some say too serious—about my duty and had real difficulty when my loyalty to Edward I and my friendship with Roger Dreyford came into conflict.
4)      When was your last relationship and how long did it last?  
Before I met and came to know Genvieve very well, I didn’t have relationships. Most noblewomen, like those at court, are too shallow in their beliefs. Other women deserve more than I was willing to give.
5)      Do you want to marry or have you ever been married?
I never expected to marry, and I’d say that Genvieve was the last person I could imagine falling in love with. But she’s so strong and cares for everyone equally. How could I not love her.
6)      What do you do for fun?
I play with our children, hunt, and make love to Genvieve.
7)      What are you most proud of?
My wife.
8)      Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. Although I suspect I fell in love with Genvieve at first sight, I was blinded by prejudice and grief for the death of my friend Roger. He was Genvieve’s first husband, and I blamed her for his fall from grace.
9)      What is your most treasured possession and why?
After my family, my horses. A good horse is essential to a knight and almost impossible to replace.
10)  Do you like animals/keep pets? I value my horses and dogs highly but they are working animals. I don’t coddle them, so I wouldn’t call them pets.
11)  How do you spend your spare time?
I’m too busy surviving and keeping my family secure to have spare time. (I told you I was serious.) Thank the Lord for Genvieve. She forces me to sit down and relax with some mead at least once a day.
12)  Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I hope I’m just where I’m at. I can’t ask for more than a loving wife, good lands, good neighbors, peace and a just king.
13)  Do you believe a cup is half empty or half full?
My metaphorical cup is overflowing. J
14)  You have got six months to live, what will you do first?
Provide for the security of my wife and family.
15)  Is sexual compatibility important to you?
It is very important.
16)  Are you a morning person or a night person?
I’m always available, but I enjoy moments shared with my family most.
Thank you Lord de Sessions for taking the time to answer our questions.
“You’re welcome, Ms. Allyn, please tell readers a little bit about the story you gave me, A True and Perfect Knight.”
A True and Perfect KnightHaven De Sessions knows a hundred reasons despise the widow Dreyford.  The widow is entirely too independent, and a suspected traitor.  Worst of all, she had been married to his best friend—a man Haven arrested for plotting against the king.  Haven believes the treacherous widow should have given up her head, not his childhood friend.  Now an oath to that same friend forces him to protect a woman he does not want and cannot trust.
Genvieve Dreyford has her own reasons to detest De Sessions.  The man is far too handsome, and his reputation as Edward I's most 'true and perfect' knight has swelled the baron’s head.  Worst of all, Gennie believes he betrayed his friendship with her husband to curry favor with the English king.  Now, because of Haven De Sessions, Gennie has lost her home, her title and nearly everything she held dear.  Only for the sake of her family, will Gennie place herself in the power of a man she fears and mistrusts.
So why does King Edward I of England believe theirs will be a match made in heaven?
You can read an excerpt from A True and Perfect Knight at my website or purchase directly from Amazon.com.
About Rue Allyn

Author of historical, contemporary, and erotic romances, Rue Allyn fell in love with happily ever after the day she heard her first story. She is deliriously married to her sweetheart of many years and loves to hear from readers about their favorite books and real life adventures.  Learn more about Rue at http://RueAllyn.com

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rue-Allyn/e/B00AUBF3NI/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1 [Good link for purchasing any or all Rue Allyn books]
Blog:  http://rueallynauthorblog.com/

9 comments

  1. Rue Allyn // December 11, 2013 at 8:58 AM  

    Ladies, Thank you for the invite. Haven and I are delighted to be here. (He wouldn't put it that way, but I'll do it for him.)

  2. Unknown // December 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM  

    Waving from the Savv group. :) This looks awesome! I'm working on a short for a knights book right now. Awesome and inspiring!

  3. Rue Allyn // December 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM  

    Thank you Rachel. Good luck with your short.

  4. Ella Quinn - Romance Novelist // December 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM  

    What a great post!! I tweeted.

  5. Unknown // December 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM  

    This sounds like a good read, Rue. And he sounds like a true gentleman - caring so much for his wife and family. Love that his horse is his most important "possession" after his family. Write On, Rue!

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM  

    Rue, thanks so much for bring Sir Haven to visit with us here at the pink fuzzies. We always enjoy an author interview or character visit. It is such fun to see behind the book and get fresh insight into the character.

  7. Rue Allyn // December 12, 2013 at 4:09 AM  

    Ella, Heather Thanks for the kind words. Haven wasn't always as enamored of his wife as he is now. He had many lessons to learn before he saw Gennie for the treasure she was.

  8. Mary Marvella // December 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM  

    Rue, I'm running late, but I'm so pleased our Scarlet brought you here!

  9. Mary Ricksen // December 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM  

    Wow this looks awesome!!!Sounds even better!