Look out NYC, Southern Belle on the way!

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 9:18 PM | 14 comments »

It's almost time for National and my dear daughter has decided to visit the Big Apple
for a few days. As you can see, she is always a good influence on me.

That's Ouzo, and it was so strong just one little shot gave her a major headache the next morning.





But I digress. She is a very helpful in finding just the right scenery. Notice how she found the perfect place to pose for this picture?



And notice the special composition for this picture of ancient Antiquities.







She has a good eye with the camera. I can't wait to see what she finds to photograph in NYC. There are bound to be perfect photo ops!

Here is another time when she found the perfect place to pose, where else but in a handsome hunk's strong arms. The girl is good, what can I say? I'm sure she will find lots of things to enjoy in NYC. Do you think NYC is ready for the influx of Romance writers and readers headed it's way?

14 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // June 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM  

    Maybe she can find great places to pose me. Can't wait!

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM  

    She will certainly try!

  3. Beth Trissel // June 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

    Love the pics. Have fun Scarlet. Wish I could see you guys.

  4. Judith Keim // June 18, 2011 at 4:54 PM  

    She's going to have a ball...and yes, the big apple can host all the romance writers we've got! Hope everyone going to National has a blast!

  5. Patrice Wilton // June 18, 2011 at 5:14 PM  

    I'm sure you and your daughter will have a fabulous time. Sure wish I was going, but I need to babysit in NJ for a few days in mid July, and two trips is one too many. Enjoy, network and sell books, dear Scarlet.

  6. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 18, 2011 at 6:27 PM  

    Beth, I wish you were going to NY with us! We will tip one for you while we are there!

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 18, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

    Judy, she always manages to have a ball and often tugs me along with her. So, I'm sure we will have some interesting things to report when we get home.

  8. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 18, 2011 at 6:31 PM  

    Patrice, I wish you could join us. We are going to have a ball. I am so looking forward to the trip. My daughter will fly home on Monday, so I will be left to enjoy the conference with my writer friends. MM and I, along with Nanci Race are going to paint the town red!

  9. Mona Risk // June 19, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

    Hi Scarlett, you have a lovely daughter. Have fun at National and give a big hug to Autumn and Mary on my behalf. I count on your pictures and blogs to share the excitement with you.

  10. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM  

    Mona,
    I will keep the blog updated with info from the conference! MM and I will tag team it, so you will feel like you are right there with us!

  11. Josie // June 20, 2011 at 12:32 PM  

    Scarlet,
    What a fun post. And, have a wonderful time in NYC. Wish I could join you!

  12. Pamela Varnado // June 20, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

    Melba,

    Ouzo is strong, but I love the strength of its bit. Good for me that my stomach can tolerate hard liquor.

    See you at national.

  13. Nightingale // June 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM  

    Have fun! Wish I were going.

  14. Autumn Jordon // June 22, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

    LOL. Your daughter seems like a fun gal. I can't wait to meet you al in NY.