Three FRW members during the drill

Cruises are becoming the most common way to see the world and unwind in an enjoyable surrounding. My husband calculated that it was cheaper to board a ship from Fort Lauderdale and go on a week cruise than pay airfare, hotel, restaurants and entertainments.


In addition, organizations find it easier to hold their conferences during a cruise than to locate a hotel, cater the food, and manage a hundred details. FRW chapters took us on two lovely cruises and now EPICON will host their 2012 conference on a cruise that will leave from Jacksonville.


During our last cruise, we met a woman in her seventies who lives ten months a year on a cruise ship.
She sold her house and her car, and explained that on a cruise ship she doesn’t have to fix her room, or prepare her meals. She enjoys movies and performances without having to drive to a theater. She has plenty of books to read, a laptop to connect with the world and makes friends with other travelers. The doctor on board knows her well and takes care of her little problems. Sometimes she joins a tour and visits a new place. Twice a year she spends a month at her children and goes through all her medical checkups, buys her supply of medicine and reserves the next cruise. She told me she was writing her memoirs.


Would you be able to live on a ship?
 
OSIRIS MISSING PART.


Seth, the evil god of storm, killed his brother Osiris, chopped him into fourteen pieces and flung them all over Egypt. Isis, goddess of family, has always loved Osiris and reassembles thirteen of his body parts. Since she couldn’t find his supernatural male member where his godly power is stored, she reattaches a human one to make him whole.
Osiris, the charming god of labor Egyptians revere is now a mortal without power, anxious to recover both his own magical organ and his godly status. Guided by oracles Isis utters during their lovemaking, they search for his missing organ and fight Seth until they find Osiris’s magical manhood and he recovers his godly attributes. Osiris has fallen in love with Isis but will the sins of his past catch up with him in the present and interfere with their future?


I wrote this story after visiting Egypt and cruising along the Nile River in April 2010, and I brought back a large collection of pictures and brochures of the ancient monuments.
The ebook is on sale for $5.24.

http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9394-osiris-missing-part.aspx

9 comments

  1. Mary Ricksen // June 25, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

    I could live on that big new one they have. Can't remember the name, but it was huge!
    No problem for me.
    How about you Mona?

  2. Mona Risk // June 25, 2011 at 3:27 PM  

    Same for me, Mary, as long as they give free Internet. LOL

  3. Pamela Varnado // June 26, 2011 at 2:56 AM  

    Wow, ten months on a cruise ship. Don't know if I could handle that unless I'm booked into one of the deluxe suites. Before life became too hectic for me, my sister and I cruised at least every two years. We sailed to the Bahamas, Mexico, Puerto Rico and lots of other warm places. My husband (Joe) has been pestering me about taking an Alaskan cruise. The thought of whale watching excites him. He also wants to see the glaciers. Sounds good, but I prefer sun to cold temps. However, I know that I'll give in and one day find myself in Alaska!!! The sacrifices I make for love. He's worth it.

  4. Josie // June 26, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

    Mona,
    How interesting that the woman lives on a cruise ship. Actually, it's a good idea, but I wonder about her sea legs? :)
    I always have trouble walking for a few days when I get off from a cruise. I feel like I'm swaying back and forth.

  5. Mary Marvella // June 26, 2011 at 10:03 PM  

    I enjoy cruises but a short one is long enough.

    I just had supper with Pam and Scarlet!

  6. Nightingale // June 27, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

    It's been years since I went on a cruise. I really wish I had made the Florida Chapter's cruise earlier this year. Your cruises look like such FUN

  7. Judith Keim // June 27, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

    Oh, Mona! I don't think I could live on a ship. I like to feel grass beneath my feet and have much more privacy...But for a short time it would be fun. Good luck with your latest release. Egypt is always an interesting place...I've never been but would like to visit

  8. Judith Keim // June 27, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

    Pam, The only cruise I've ever been on was in Alaska. It was fantastic!! Not hot, though, but totally gorgeous with lots of fun side trips...Go, Girl!

  9. Beth Trissel // June 27, 2011 at 1:36 PM  

    No cruises for me unless it would be along the shores of Alaska where I can still see land. Watching Titanic killed any desire for sea voyages. Interesting post, though.