Geriatric or Senior Patient.

Monday a young lady I've known for at least 10 years needed a patient to fill in on Tuesday. Summer is taking classes to become a Dental Hygienist. I remember when she was a high school student and not in love with school, but I love her and her mom. My daughter photographed her wedding, and she has grown into a lovely young woman. I said yes. Boring?

Actually not, I enjoyed watching her go through the procedures she has learned. People who know me wouldn't expect me to be serious, and they wouldn't be disappointed. I joke through everything but one question stopped both of us. She frowned at one category she needed to mark. Not the sex one, I said I do when I can, of course, but I stick to males. (snicker)Marital state? Georgia? (snort) No, divorced.

Ready for the question? Adult, Senior, or Geriatric? All viable but the best answer? She had to ask her supervisor. It seems I'm a geriatric patient. (gasp) That was a first for me. We both shook our heads and laughed! I've been a senior citizen for years and love my senior discounts. I need to ask if there are geriatric discounts. Might as well make the most of my age. I've earned the discounts!

Do you get senior discounts? Do you qualify for them but refuse to ask? Do you know someone who is embarrassed to ask or admit they qualify?


I uploaded my latest novel at Smashwords.com.
Check it out.


Haunting Refrain

When Sarah Overby found ghosts in her attic she hesitated to tell her best friend, William McKeown. She didn’t think he’d understand. Telling him he lived a previous life as her husband would make him think she was crazy. William has adored Sarah forever, he just doesn’t realize this isn’t the first time he loved her. His feelings for his best friend are changing, but he doesn’t believe in ghosts, reincarnation or lasting romantic relationships.

Love, Lust, and Sweet Tea.


Teaser scene

William seldom saw a sunrise. But this morning he watched the pink streaks grow along the horizon and intensify. He hadn’t slept a wink. Each time he’d closed his eyes he’d seen Sarah sitting in the moonlight, like an enchantress. He’d heard her siren’s song and been drawn. How had he missed the way her lips begged to be kissed, the way her body had ripened to perfection?


There was no way he could let that Jackson jerk have her. Kissing her had been the most wonderful experience he could have imagined and the biggest mistake of his life. The kiss was all his dreams had promised and more. His dream lover had been Sarah, but different. His dream lover had known what he needed.


He had tried to sleep, even dozed a while. Big mistake.


Haunting Refrain Smashwords.com
Forever Love Smashwords.com, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com
Mary Marvella
www.MaryMarvella.com

18 comments

  1. Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn // June 9, 2011 at 2:46 AM  

    You're too full of life to be 'geriatric' my dear! Congrats on getting another writing project out there.

    I posted a review of Forever Love on Smashwds, Amazon and um...Goodreads, I think. Can't remember now. It's late and I'm a little fuzzy on the details.

  2. Edie Ramer // June 9, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

    I just looked up 'geriatric.' I'd say you were a senior. As for discounts, I use all the discounts I can get.

    Congrats on your newest book! You go!

  3. Judith Keim // June 9, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

    Mary, Good luck with your second book. It, like the first one, has a gorgeous cover!! I don't do geriatrics. LOL

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // June 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

    Discounts are good! I enjoy getting into the movies at the discount rate. Use it at the grocery store also. So, do I get a discount on your second book? LOL Congrats, I love the cover, couldn't have chosen a better picture myself.

  5. Mary Marvella // June 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

    Major thanks! I must read yours now. Doing one Beta read for a H/S pubbed author. Gotta get back to good reads.

    LUV YA!

  6. Mary Marvella // June 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

    Edie, I just turned 68. Thanks for the congrats. I always ask about discounts! Love 'em!

  7. Mary Marvella // June 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

    Judy, I didn't think I would but I'm gonna start asking. Isn't my cover artist brilliant?

  8. Mary Marvella // June 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

    You helped me choose the cover, Scarlet! Did you ask for discounts yesterday while we critiqued together?

  9. Beth Trissel // June 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM  

    Good heavens, MM, geriatric? Not you. BTW, love the cover and story, but when did this book come out? I'm falling behind.

  10. Nightingale // June 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM  

    Your cover is beautiful, and that teaser was just enough to whet the appetite.

    As to seniors, I'm still in denial (most of the time) but beginning to take the discounts. Did so at the movie the other day.

  11. Mary Marvella // June 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM  

    Beth, it JUST came out, like Tuesday

  12. Mary Marvella // June 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM  

    Thanks, Linda, I believe in SHORT teasers.

  13. Mona Risk // June 9, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

    Mary, I tried to leave a message earlier. Didn't work. Congrats on your new book. Nice story. Please stop by my blog.
    www.monarisk.blogspot.com

    Mona Risk

  14. Barbara Monajem // June 9, 2011 at 11:38 PM  

    Congrats, Mary! Forever Love was fun, and I'm looking forward to this book, too. (Your cover artist really does do a great job!)

  15. Mary Marvella // June 10, 2011 at 1:39 AM  

    Barbara, I'm glad you liked forever Love. Haunting Refrain is a full length novel and full of emotion. (Hot sex, too)

  16. Cinthia Hamer // June 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

    Summer tells me you didn't enjoy the probing...I retorted "Who does???" LOL!

    As for being a "geriatric", nah...we'll save that for the 80th birthday.

    So glad Forever Love and Haunting Refrain are out there...I remember reading the early drafts of them! :-)

  17. Mary Marvella // June 10, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

    Summer's blunt instrument wasn't so blunt. The ray thingies dug into my mouth, to.

    I know you remember those 2 stories from way back when.

    Glad to have you with us.

  18. Josie // June 13, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

    Hi Mary M.,
    Thanks for the teaser scene of your novel. It's terrific!

    We're not quite old enough yet to get senior discounts, but I'm sure that when we are, my dh will ask for anything and everything.