Bieber Fever

Posted by Scarlet Pumpernickel | 1:03 AM | , , , | 13 comments »







Bieber Fever

For her birthday in late summer the granddaughter got tickets for the December 21st Justin Bieber concert in Birmingham. My daughter and I were elected to take her to the concert, which was only fair, since it was our idea to buy the tickets.

We planned for months, had everything scheduled, plotted and worked out. Piece of cake. Yeah right. What could possible go wrong? Well, let’s see. First the concert fell on the day the doggie was scheduled for the groomer. She had to go for her Christmas do, that could not be put off. So the plan to spend the night before the concert in Birmingham had to be cancelled.

Then we forgot to pick up the premier parking ticket, so that took another hour.

Next we locked the car keys in the house (I’m being nice it was my daughter that did it) and us outside the house, that took another hour to solve.

We used driving directions printed from the internet, they had us exit at the wrong place, got us lost in downtown Birmingham and cost another hour.

Still, we were at the venue early, so we walked around and found where Bieber’s tour bus was parked. There was crowd waiting there for him. Granddaughter stood in the cold for an hour and a half hoping to see him and finally they heard a security guard say he was already inside.

I found a quiet, peaceful spot in the bar at the hotel down the street, ordered a Bieber Fever, which turned out to be a Mimosa, and sat with my Alphasmart working while my daughter and granddaughter enjoyed the concert.

The concert, according to the GD, was fantastic, the music fantastic, the show fantastic and Justin Bieber totally awesome. Daughter and GD were both worn out by the time it was over. Granddaughter had lost both her voice and her heart. Yep, she was in love with Justin Bieber. Definitely Bieber Fever.

Oh to feel that special puppy love that allows a little girl to dream of her knight in shining armor. She slipped a note to Santa the next day asking for Justin for Christmas. He deliver a tee-shirt instead. Smart Santa.

13 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // December 31, 2010 at 1:58 AM  

    Another one falls in love with a performer. That boy wins them over! What a fun world.

  2. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 31, 2010 at 2:11 AM  

    I heard that he made 36 million last year. He and his mom were very poor before he was discovered. He is a Momma's boy. Takes care of her now. Isn't that sweet. GD said she was the future Mrs. Justin Bieber. For sure he will have his pick of just about all the little girls in America. I hope his success doesn't change him. Hope he stays away from drugs and the fast life so that he can enjoy his success.

  3. Tamara LeBlanc // December 31, 2010 at 10:55 AM  

    Even though your concert day was filled with a few oopses, I'm sure your GD loved every second of it!
    What a lucky girl!
    I happen to like that little Beiber kid...he's awfully cute and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Let's hope stardom doesn't Lohan or Spears him.
    :)
    Have a wonderful new year!
    Tamara

  4. Mona Risk // December 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

    Such a cute post. Your granddaughter is adorable. Have fun, grandma. HAPPY NEW YEAR

  5. Pamela Varnado // December 31, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

    I remember my teenage crush on Michael Jackson. My heart would thump and I'd feel dizzy whenever I saw him. That's a feeling I'll never forget.

  6. Nightingale // December 31, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

    I fall in love with concert pianists! And I'm hardly a puppy but the sentiment is the same. What a fun trip you had, right? Reminds me of when my parents had to take me to see the Beatles, and I was already in love with Paul. Still am to this day.

  7. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 31, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

    Cyrano, you are right, she did enjoy every minutes. The little oopses made it more memorable and I did have several hours to write. So it was a win-win fro me.

  8. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 31, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

    Mona, thank you. She is the apple of my eye, my little princess. I take my job as Nana very seriously and spoil her as best I can.

  9. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 31, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

    Pam, I remember those breath taking, heart stopping, pre-teen years as well. I think Troy Donahue was the one that did it for me.

  10. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 31, 2010 at 11:51 PM  

    Linda, I never got to see the Beatles, but I did watch them on Ed Sullivan with my Dad threatening to turn off the tv. But Momma wouldn't let him. I guess she remembered puppy love too.

  11. Mary Marvella // January 1, 2011 at 12:52 AM  

    Sal Moneo did it for me.

  12. Judith Keim // January 3, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

    This is so cute, Scarlet! I guess little boys are now asking for a Bieber haircut! Your granddaughter is cute and I have the feeling she will be in love many more times!

  13. Josie // January 6, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

    My 16 year old daughter attended a Justin Bieber concert this past summer. Yes, she is "in love". I wave to Justin's poster every morning, which hangs in my daughter's room.