Pistachio Cake Recipe

Easy, fast, and festive, this recipe is always a Holiday treat!

You will need:

One package of white cake mix- any brand

1 package of Pistachio instant pudding- sugar free may be used instead of regular

½ cup vegetable oil

½ cup water

½ cup milk

5 eggs

Blend cake mix with 1 package of pudding. Add oil, milk, and water. Add eggs- 1 at a time, beating well with electric mixer after each addition.

Pour into a greased (or spray with cooking spray) tube or bundt pan.

Bake 1 hour-at 350 degrees. May be done beforehand- as ovens vary.

Cool for 30 minutes, and invert onto favorite cake platter.

For a lighter and festive topping, sprinkle with sifted confectioners sugar and sliced maraschino cherries.


Optional frosting recipe: (Spread on cooled cake)

½ pint heavy cream

1 package instant pistachio pudding (sugar free may be used)

1 container thawed Cool Whip (fat-free may be used)

Beat heavy cream until thick. Blend in rest of ingredients. Frost as desired.

Enjoy!

16 comments

  1. Toni V.S. // December 10, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

    I've always loved pistachio pudding so I'll bet I'll like this recipe, too!

  2. Mary Ricksen // December 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

    This sounds just delicious! I can't wait to try it!

  3. Barbara Monajem // December 10, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

    I didn't know there was such a thing as pistachio pudding. I like the idea of the maraschino cherries on top -- so yummy, and pretty, too!

  4. Mona Risk // December 10, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

    joanne, I love pistachio and will try this pudding. Thank you.

  5. Mary Marvella // December 10, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

    Wow, Joanne, that sounds easy and tasty! One of those would look wonderful on my table. I'm not sure I'd let anyone cut it.

  6. Autumn Jordon // December 10, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

    i've never had pistachio pudding. Hmmm.. This sounds so easy, I'll have to try it.

  7. Josie // December 10, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

    Toni,
    You will love this recipe. I love pistachio pudding, too.

  8. Josie // December 10, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

    Mary R.,
    Let me know if you like the recipe after you try it.

  9. Josie // December 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

    Beth,
    Yes, it's a really good cake. Very festive, too, for the holidays.

  10. Josie // December 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

    Barbara,
    You'll find pistachio instant pudding along with all the other pudding mixes. I've used it for years and years.

  11. Josie // December 10, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

    Mona,
    Glad to hear you will try the pudding. Hope you'll be able to try the recipe, too.

  12. Josie // December 10, 2010 at 4:06 PM  

    Mary M.,
    It's pretty, but cut away. I also enjoy it for breakfast. I'm a coffee and danish gal, which goes along with one of my favorite quotes: "If you want to stay fat, you've got to eat."

  13. Josie // December 10, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

    Autumn,
    I'm surprised you've never tried pistachio pudding. Any flavor of instant pudding is always an easy dessert. I'm partial to chocolate.

  14. Nightingale // December 10, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

    OOOH I love pistachio. I was looking for a new and different dessert for Christmas.

  15. Josie // December 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

    And this is an easy recipe, too, Linda. Enjoy!

  16. Mary Ricksen // December 15, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

    I love pistachio's this sounds great! Moist too!