Tamara LeBlanc wandered by in a daze, muttering about her first book being out. Her eyes were wide with wonder and her smile lit her face. She kept gazing at her cover. It is a cute one.

I dragged her inside and asked her to blog. If she seems okay, I'll her out on her own. Help me make her feel at home here and ask her questions.


I’m thrilled to post today on Pink Fuzzy Slippers Writers! I’ve been a fan over the years, but never thought I’d get a chance to speak on this phenomenal blog as an actual published author!

Way cool!

I’d been writing on my own for a long time, but about five years ago I met my critique partners. They took me under their wings and showed me the ropes. Because of them I had the courage to not only finish a novel, but to submit.

I’m very good at beginning things, not so good at finishing. I tend to get 3/4ths of the way through a manuscript and then another “brilliant” story idea nudges any interest in the previous work out. Tendencies like this one can prove very unproductive, so working past the “stall” as I call it, is of utmost importance.

If I didn’t sit my butt down everyday, turn off the TV and type like a demon possessed, I would have never finished and submitted a completed novel, much less get the manuscript published.

I know I’m not alone. You may not have my exact affliction, but in speaking with fellow authors, I’ve learned that just about everyone has their Achilles heel. Mine is TV…shows like Glee and Supernatural are like drugs to me. And just the thought of Sam and Dean Winchester cruising in a classic car can skew my agenda.

So what derails your writing? Is it two incredibly hot brothers fighting evil, or something else? I’d love to hear about it.

Even if you’re not quite willing to share your flaws, I hope that after you read this post, you do your very best to keep on track. Write daily, stay away from the things that distract you from your goal of publication, join a critique group and wonderful organizations like your local writer’s chapter and RWA, and most important of all…have faith. It will happen

My new release is called Blessing in Disguise. It’s a sweet, contemporary love story, with a dash of hot sex. It is available now at http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com and I’m very proud of it.

Here’s a quick blurb:
Can Ella Slipper’s day get any worse? She’s broke and thirsty. She hasn’t had a bathroom break for three hours and she’s wearing a onesie velour skeleton costume in ninety degree weather. She would love to trade the bones for a bikini and her scant bank account for a glass of water. But before she can get either, she succumbs to the heat and faints at the Halloween parade she’s working.
Alex York, trucking mogul, thinks he’s found the answer to his prayers when Ella collapses into his arms. His five year old son speaks for the first time in two years after he sees the beautiful woman unmasked so Alex does what ever it takes to hire the down-on-her-luck co-ed as a nanny. He’s vowed never to let a woman under his skin again so he figures letting the sexy blue eyed, blonde under his roof can't hurt. He’s having a hard time living with that blunder—in more ways than one.
Though Ella is desperate to keep things professional she succumbs to Alex’s desire. She mistrusts men, but her boss's skillful seduction makes her forget the pain of her past. She welcomes Alex into her bed and realizes that she’s also in danger of letting the sexy dad into her heart.

I’d love to hear what you think about the novel. You can reach me at my blog, trytamara.blogspot.com/

Thank you so very much for having me today. It was an honor to be able to share my good news with you all.

Have a fabulous day, a happy holiday month, and good luck in all you do.

Tamara LeBlanc

15 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // December 8, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

    Good morning, Tamara!

  2. Judith Keim // December 8, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

    Tamara! So great to have you here. Love the idea of sharing in your excitement of publishing your first book! Congratulations! It sounds like a winner!

  3. Pam Asberry // December 8, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

    Congratulations, Tamara! I remember you from my very first GRW meeting; at that point, I believe you had nothing but unfinished manuscripts and a dream. Look at you now! You are a role model, for sure; I intend to follow your advice, and hopefully will join you among the ranks of published authors soon. In the meantime, I have purchased your book and hope to dig into it over the weekend!

  4. Nightingale // December 8, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

    I know you are thrilled with your new release. It sounds very interesting indeed.

    What distracts me? Nothing when I'm focused, but if I get a chance, I will watch Criminal Minds.

  5. Mona Risk // December 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

    Tamara, congratulations on your new book. I am sorry I wasn't around yesterday to welcome you to the PFS. I am addicted to Grey's Anatomy.

  6. Tamara LeBlanc // December 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

    Good Afternoon Mary!

    Judy,
    thanks so much for your sweet words, and for the welcome!Have a fabulous afternoon:)

    Pam,
    how nice that you remember me, and the fact that I'm less of a finisher and more of an...um, well, unfinisher:)
    Like I said in the post, if the fuzzy visitors today get nothing out of my words of wisdom, LOL, than a desire to forge on and finish their WIP than I've done my job. The fact that you've bought my book is just icing on the cake!!
    Thanks so much for your congrats. I truly appreciate it.
    And please let me know what you think of the book:)

    Nightengale,
    I'm so glad nothing distracts you when you're focused. That's certainly an enviable trait. Haven't seen Criminal minds yet, but I've heard good things.
    Thanks for the congrats!

    Mona, no problem about the welcome, I'm getting a really nice one today! Thanks for the congrats, and Grey's is awesome!

    Ladies, all of you have a wonderful productive day!

    Tamara

  7. Barbara Monajem // December 8, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

    Hi, Tamara. Nothing much distracts me, but there's so much other stuff that has to be done!! And plotting just about kills me. Ah, well.
    Congrats!

  8. Tamara LeBlanc // December 8, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

    Barbara,
    You're a lucky duck! I wish I could be so focused.
    Thanks for stopping by and for the congrats.
    Hope to see you at the Christmas party sat.
    Have a nice evening,
    Tamara

  9. Autumn Jordon // December 8, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

    Hi, Tamara. Welcome to the Fuzzies. I love the concept of your story. It sounds like a fun read. And you had me at trucking. My family is in the business.

    Kudos to you for not giving up on your dream.

  10. Connie Gillam // December 8, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

    Ms. Tamara,

    Congratulations on your first of many sales!!

    My Achilles heel? Surfing the web.

    I sit in the chair, but I'm easily distracted if the writing is going as well as I'd like.

  11. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 8, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

    Well duh! Scarlet followed the link to your website and commented and forgot to comment here on the fuzzies! Congrats Tamara, lots of sales and much success.

  12. Mary Marvella // December 8, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

    The web is also a temptation for me. Emails, looks, etc!

  13. Mary Ricksen // December 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM  

    I love this book jacket!
    Nice of you to stop by the PFS and visit with us!
    I wish you the very best in sales and I love the premise if your story!!!
    I get distracted easily especially with this small house and one tall DH. Two dogs and a cat. No room to be alone in!

  14. Scarlet Pumpernickel // December 10, 2010 at 1:45 AM  

    What derails my writing, the internet of course! See, here I am posting a comment instead of writing. But I must brag that today I took myself to Ihop and to Panera with my alphasmart and managed to write 23 pages. I'm almost finished with the ms for TWRP. I can't wait to type "the end."

  15. Josie // December 10, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

    Hello Tamara,
    Welcome to the Pink Fuzzies, and thank you, Mary, for inviting Tamara. Congrats on your new book--it sounds fabulous!