I know we have several Fuzzies who love sports cars. Do I have a treat for you! Today we welcome Class of '85 author Stacy Dawn who tells us all about Confessions Corvette style. Please greet Stacy with a big Fuzzy welcome.


Thank you so much to the Pink Fuzzy Slipper ladies for having the Class of ’85 here this month—it’s like another reunion party!

Corvette Confessions:

Have you ever been in the right place at the wrong time?

Dumped at the senior spring dance, AJ, who’d always been more into softball and shop class than cheerleading and pep squad, escaped the crowd to mope in the Corvette on loan to the class for the semester. When Greg Roberts unexpectedly joined her, his attempts to cheer her worked—too well. She might have even confessed her love that night if Greg’s longtime girlfriend hadn’t come looking for him.

Twenty-five hard years later, forced to come to the reunion by her best friend, AJ escapes back to her favorite class, only to find the exact Corvette—a little worn and faded—sitting right where she’d left it. Fond memories turn into reality when Greg shows up at her driver’s side window again—and déjà vu takes on a whole new meaning.

Whenever I think back to high school, three things instantly come to mind—hair, music and Niagra Falls.

No, I didn’t go to school in Niagara Falls, but a high school in a small city on the Canadian shore of Lake Ontario. There was, however, one memorable school trip to Niagara Falls where I met the second boy to tag my heart. Wow, even thinking of him now still makes my heart flutter—tall, chiselled jaw, black hair and crystal blue eyes…and slow dancing with him, whew! Everything to make a teenage girl swoon. Let’s just say Grade Eleven was a good year LOL.

While on this trip and a visit to the falls, a group of my friends and I were watching the boys play touch football in the middle of a grassy area when a sleek, white corvette drove by behind them. I always found it funny that the car caught my mind off the shirtless group of athletically defined boys, but it did. I even snapped a picture of it and, believe it or not. still have it in my school photo album. And to this day, my head still turns whenever a Stingray Corvette sails by…

Between the Corvette and those niggley little ‘what if’ thoughts about that boy, AJ and Greg’s story took off like a shot. Not too many hearts get a second chance and it’s amazing how one little moment in time can sew itself securely into the past, present and future.

I love my life and especially my husband to pieces and wouldn’t change a thing, but I do admit, every once in a while, I Google my Niagara Falls guy’s name just to see if I can find him and what he might be doing today. Did he become famous like he wanted? Did he marry and have children? No, I haven’t found him yet…but you never know….

With all these reunion stories bringing high school memories back to the forefront, was there someone that you had your eye on back then, but the timing was just…off?

I’d love to hear….and you can find out what happens with AJ and Greg in Corvette Confessions available now at The Wild Rose Press.

Purchase link: http://www.thewildrosepress.com/corvette-confessions-p-4210.html?zenid=a4210e9eb48bc2ea4a37127583a440bf

Website: http://www.stacydawn.com/ Blog: http://www.stacydawn.blogspot.com/

22 comments

  1. Scarlet Pumpernickel // September 16, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

    I've just downloaded my copy of Corvette confession along with the fifth reunion story that is available. I'm all set for the weekend! Can't wait to start reading.I now have a total of 5 stories and am waiting eagerly for the others.

    Don't you just love these covers? I'll report back as soon as I've read some of Corvette Confessions.

  2. Mary Marvella // September 17, 2010 at 12:29 AM  

    Maybe I'll do a Mustang Confessions story. Just kidding! I love the idea and can't wait to read the story behind the title.

  3. Donna L Bolk // September 17, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

    Corvette confession is a fun read. A.J. could have been my soul sister, I'd have traded baking cookies for changing tires any day. And it wouldn't hurt if I had a Greg nearby to hand me wrench or two.

  4. Stacy Dawn // September 17, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

    Thank you so much ladies for having me here today!!

    Scarlet--I know, Nicola is doing an amazing job with the covers. Mine really shows the story beautifully!

    ROFL Mary! Thanks

    Donna Thanks so much! And yep, me too. As much I would have liked to be in the 'in' crowd, that just wasn't me either...I was softball and books.

  5. Nightingale // September 17, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

    My late teenage memories star a Jaguar XKE. There was a boy in highschool, an English fellow, named Crispin Spencer. I did find out later that he had become a vet. Never though of googling him!

  6. Beth Trissel // September 17, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

    Hi Stacy! Kewl book title, cover too. Scarlet sounds totally on board for this. I was having babies in the 80's but can share the school reunion sentiments.

  7. Jannine Gallant // September 17, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

    Hi Stacy,

    Corvette Confessions is as fast and fun as the car. There wasn't a particular boy from high school, but I always wondered what happened to the one from college who got away!

  8. Mary Marvella // September 17, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

    Ladies, I was teaching school in the eighties and my daughter was born in '72. My Mustang was a '64 1/2.

    I'm working on a story I hope will fit this line. I'm updating the story because my characters were a few years younger.

  9. Stacy Dawn // September 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

    Nightingale--wow, what a romance hero name...and english too!

    LOL thanks Beth!

    Thanks Jannine---have you ever googled his name or area?

    Mary--loving the car stories from everyone! And good luck with your story!!

  10. Sophia Danu // September 17, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

    Hi Stacy! Great blog! I didn't let mine get away. I ended up marrying him! :)

  11. Veronica Lynch // September 17, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

    My first love from my high school years was a boy named Bill and I REALLY LOVED him.
    As teenage idiots do, we broke up over some foolishness, but I never forgot him. Never. Forgot. Him.
    I saw him a few years ago, at a wake of all places--and he still looks mahvelus. An older Dylan McDermott with those Black Irish eyes and thick wavy hair without a bit of gray.
    Unh God. Still a hunk
    Congratulations Stacy on a fab story. The cover is wonderful.
    Veronica

  12. Mary Ricksen // September 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

    Welcome Stacey!
    My Dh had a '56 Corvette, it was really cool, I could kick him in the butt for selling it. But it was van time and he had to have one!
    that corvette would have been worth a lot of money today!
    Back down memory lane again and loving it!
    Your book sound fantastic! Good luck!

  13. Stacy Dawn // September 17, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

    Sophia hi!! Oh good for you for not letting him get away!

    Thanks Veronica...and oooh, he does sound hunky

    Thanks so much Mary! Isn't that always the way...not knowing what we have until we look backwards

  14. Keena Kincaid // September 17, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

    Hi, Stacy, and congrats on Corvette Confessions. I've loved the title ever since you first posted it on the Class of 85 loop. It's on my TBR pile, too, as soon as I get done with my own pesky edits and WIPs.

    No boy from high school that I've always wondered about (grew up in a small town. My mother keeps me up to date on everyone). Although I find myself remembering little things from HS that I'd totally forgotten.

  15. Sharon Buchbinder, Romance Author // September 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

    Corvette Confessions is in my Kindle, whispering to me, READ ME, READ ME! I need a few more hours in the day. I love the cover and the blurp. I'm looking forward to reading it this weekend.

  16. Sharon Buchbinder, Romance Author // September 17, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

    BLURB! Not BLURP, which I guess would be a the noun of when you have burping out your blurb. Not a pretty thought. LOL!

  17. Donna B // September 17, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

    Reunion stories are always the best. I agree we all occasionally wonder...what if. My what if comes from my college days - awfully close to 1985. Great story line and I love the cover!

  18. Stacy Dawn // September 18, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

    Keena, thanks! Yep, some things we've forgotten and some things better left forgotten LOL.

    Sharon thanks so much! Actually, some days it feels like a blurp LOL

    Thanks Donna--yes, once you start thinking of the past, it's hard just to stick to highschool.

    Thanks so much everyone for joining me here!!!

  19. Anonymous // September 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

    Great blog...and what a cool idea on the Class of 85 series. Can't wait to read Corvette Confessions. Congratulations!

    alicia dean

  20. Silver James // September 18, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

    I have all the Class of '85 stories on my Kindle now. I'm headed off the computer this afternoon to read them all! I can't wait. Being on the loop and seeing how some of these stories got started and evolved, I'm excited to see the final outcomes!

  21. Jodi // September 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

    Aw, Stacy, if your Corvette had been the "dark red metalicca" edition produced several years earlier, AJ might've been sittin' in mine!(...but what happened in that 'Vette, stayed in that 'Vette)

    Terrific title and cover — look forward to the read.

    Joelle Walker
    TWRP

  22. Stacy Dawn // September 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

    Thanks so much Alicia, Silver and Joelle!!