Sarah Came Down to Georgia.

This is not about politics, it's about energy.



Once upon a time I was with A L Williams insurance for a while. Their big meetings held palpable energy which I I liked, but they was still about "You can be rich, too!" I never made it to rich.

Teachers meetings, even the convention ones, were about learning and about what the systems were doing . My school was old and small, and I often found the meeting places, new schools, made me feel our little school wasn't getting our fair share of the money. Often I'd have preferred to be working on lesson plans and catching up with work.

The energy of being at RWA National always energizes me because I am around people who want the same things and love writing. Smaller conferences rock on a more intimate level. I'll do plenty of blogs about them!

Yesterday I found energy like that of our high school pep rallies, but this was for grown ups. They let me in anyway.

Sarah Palin, THE SARAH PALIN, came down to Atlanta, Georgia to campaign for Karen Handel for Governor. Yes, I voted for Sarah and I voted for Karen when she became the first woman Secretary of State for Georgia. Now I'm waiting to see if she will be in the election for governor of Georgia and make history again.

15 comments

  1. Beth Trissel // August 11, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

    Great post. Yes ma'am, these are energizing women.

  2. Mary Marvella // August 11, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

    Karen almost won, only a few thousand votes too few. She conceded this morning. Don't know why!

  3. Nightingale // August 11, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

    I'm the most non-political of people, but interesting indeed.

  4. Josie // August 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

    Lots of energy, Mary. Sounds like quite a day.

  5. Mary Marvella // August 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

    I'm not a cheerleader type but I enjoyed the atmosphere. Multi-level rah-rah sessions for A L Williams Insurance were exciting, too, until I left and thought about things.

  6. Mary Marvella // August 11, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

    It was quite a day, Joanne. I had a 14 year old and a 29 year old with me, too. Both were excited!

  7. Pamela Varnado // August 11, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

    Mary, glad you had a fab time. Your excitement is contagious.

  8. Judith Keim // August 11, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

    Love to see women gaining more political clout...uh, some of them! I won't get political but I guess you might be able to think of who I mean... LOL

  9. Mary Ricksen // August 11, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

    A republican huh?
    Not political myself, but happy you enjoyed her visit.

  10. Scarlet Pumpernickel // August 11, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

    Energy like that is hard to REFUDIATE!

  11. Mary Marvella // August 11, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

    Thanks, Pam! Excitement can overflow into other areas.

  12. Mary Marvella // August 11, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

    Me, too Judy. These woman will accomplish much good! I'd still like to know the real reason for a concession before the fat lady sang. Less than 1% difference is unheard of with a woman running against a man.

  13. Mary Marvella // August 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

    Mary, I voted for Nixon and for Ronald years ago.

  14. Mary Marvella // August 11, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

    Scarlet, I know I'd love to see some Democrat big guns in person for the energy.

  15. Mary Marvella // August 11, 2010 at 9:59 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.