“Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways.  The dry seasons in life do not last.  The spring rains will come again. ” 
~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.” ~ Anne Frank

“I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.”~ Claude Monet
(Beauty inspires my own word paintings.)
  













“If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft,
And of thy meager store
Two loaves alone to thee are left,
Sell one, and with the dole
Buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.”
-   Sheikh Muslih-uddin Saadi Shirazi, The Gulistan of Saadi,   1270


“What you see depends on what you’re looking for.” ~ Anonymous 



“There are moments when all anxiety and stated toil are becalmed in the infinite leisure and repose of nature.”
~ Henry David Thoreau

‘The best place to seek God is in a garden.  You can dig for him there.”
~George Bernard Shaw















“To see the world in a grain of sand,
And heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.” ~ William Blake


“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never lonely or weary of life.” ~ Rachel Carson



“Hope is itself a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords.”
~ Samuel Johnson
Easter eggs hidden among spring flowers is a most hopeful image, I think.

“Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” ~ Winnie the Pooh~  And to that I add, or a good nap.  You’ll feel much better.

“Little ideas that tickle and nag and refuse to go away should never be ignored, for in them lie the seeds of destiny.” ~Babe~

 

Out in the Fields of God~

“The little cares that fretted me
I lost them yesterday
Among the fields above the sea,
Among the winds at play,
Among the lowing of the herds,
The rustling of the trees,
Among the singing of the birds,
The humming of the bees.
The foolish fears of what might pass,
I cast them all away,
Among the clover-scented grass,
Among the new-mown hay,
Among the hushing of the corn,
Where drowsy poppies nod,
Where ill thoughts die and good are born—
Out in the fields of God.”
~ Author Unknown 









*Many of these pics are from the Shenandoah Valley and taken by my mother~

This is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.  Enjoy and take hope. ~

19 comments

  1. Judith Keim // February 20, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

    What a lovely post, Beth. The pictures are gorgeous! I, too, get a great sense of peace and joy from nature and here in Florida there's a lot of opportunity to do that between the flowers, foliage and wonderful bird life. Thanks for the reminder!

  2. Beth Trissel // February 20, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

    Yes, yes, thanks!

  3. Beth Trissel // February 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

    And please take time to listen to the song. I now have a new favorite musician. I'm writing a lot to his music. Wowwwwwwww.

  4. Barbara Monajem // February 20, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

    Thank you, Beth. Beautiful quotes, and I wish I could follow Winnie-the-Pooh's advice, at least about the nap. Maybe this afternoon!

  5. Penny Rader // February 20, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

    Great post, Beth! Especially the nap part. I love it when I can take a nap. LOL. I remember a Mass during Christmas season a few years ago. The priest said something to the effect of, "When you're feeling tired and stressed and cranky from all the Christmas planning and shopping, TAKE A NAP!" :D

    What pretty pics! Breathtaking colors. I especially loved the one with the child looking out the window. And I enjoyed the Sarah Ban Breathnach quote. Thanks for the reminder. I need to go pull out her Simple Abundance book. It's been a good long while since I read it.

    'Tis good to have hope and beauty in our lives. I'll go have a listen to that song.

  6. Beth Trissel // February 20, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

    Thanks Barbara, and Penny. Very wise priest. :)

  7. Autumn Jordon // February 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

    Oh, I love it! And the music is totally awesome. I need to add to my radio.

    Thanks for sharing< Beth

  8. Scarlet Pumpernickel // February 20, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

    The music was lovely! You pictures and guotes were inspiring. Now, I just need to write! You've set the perfect stage. Thanks, Beth

    Scarlet

  9. Beth Trissel // February 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

    Glad to help out. :)

  10. Mary Marvella // February 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

    Beth, you are a fab blogger! What a pleasant bit of color!

  11. Beth Trissel // February 20, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

    *Preening. Awwww, shucks.

  12. Pamela Varnado // February 20, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

    Beth, I've always relied on quotes to get me through the hard times. They soothe me with a healthy dose of hope. Every year I try to do somthing to better myself. My latest endeavor is gardening. I plan to start with a pot garden on my deck and have already purchased decorative containers. I don't know how successful I'll be, but I'm looking forward to getting close to nature. Especially after viewing all your pictures wonderful pictures. Thank your mom for taking them.

    I loved your song and wish I could write while listening to music, but sadly I find it distracting.

  13. Mary Ricksen // February 20, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

    Your pictures are just beautiful, I love the country. What a great place to be.

  14. Beth Trissel // February 20, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

    Thanks Pam and Mary. Good luck with your gardening efforts, Pam. Quotes are wonderfully sustaining.

  15. Caroline Clemmons // February 21, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

    Beth, Thanks for sharing the lovely photos and inspiring quotes.

  16. Beth Trissel // February 21, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

    Sure Caroline. I loved doing it.

  17. Nightingale // February 21, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

    Beautiful, Beth.

  18. Joelle Charbonneau // February 21, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

    We are getting another 8-10 inches of snow here....so this post was VERY welcome. Here is hoping spring gets here soon!

  19. Josie // February 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

    Absolutely beautiful post, Beth. And your pictures are gorgeous. We are all musicians here, and my younger son (now 29) writes orchestral scores.