Walk away Your Waistline!

3 Mile Walk with 1, 2, & 3 Mile Markers

The Walk Belt is Included



Bored with laps around the neighborhood, and our old exercise DVDs, I surfed Amazon one day and they just happened to be holding a Summer sale on them. I sorted through for their bestsellers, then selected the one from each category which had the most enthusiastic user reviews.


I remember years ago, when we were a young family, and moved into our new home. The other young mothers on the cul-de-sac were getting rid of their baby fat using Leslie's walking at home VHS tapes and some little hand held balls, which they passed around. Well, I balked, I mean, walking in front of the TV? Thinking back, one girl did get her pre-baby figure back and the other poor thing, no matter what she tried, she was still looking dumpily adorable.


But reading the reviews on Amazon got me thinking. They all can't be Leslie's in-laws. And QVC sells her stuff too. So I decided to give it a whirl.


It's fun! And unlike choreographed aerobic dancing, I can kind of do most of these steps. It's split up into three segments, but I just keep it rolling and do the three miles. The first one is the slowest, it gets better. I will say the included walk belt does nothing for me or Miss Fifteen. We don't feel sore afterwards, that's how I judge if I worked muscles sufficiently. Our legs do feel it, but not to the point of pain. The belt is VERY LONG and actually it's so long that the Velcro won't keep the end flap down on us. Miss Fifteen is tiny. I've got an average Mom waist. So if you are a Big Beautiful Woman, I'm sure the belt will fit you, no problem. Both of us perspire and we get our heart rates up there in the fat-burning zone when we use this DVD.


Have I lost weight with this DVD? Yes! But I will add that I have also been eating a massive quantity of fruits and vegetables, so my overall calorie intake has probably dropped, since I'm not eating anything yummy like ice cream, pie, chips or candy.


I would recommend this DVD for everyone, especially for those with chronic injuries, those who are afraid to walk alone outside and those who have not exercise in a long time or ever.





Wishing Everyone the Best of Health,
Sammie Jo Moresca aka Sherry Morris

5 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // October 28, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

    Thanks for the reminder, Sherry. I did one of those programs before my daughter's wedding and lost a dress size only half-ass working at it. I need to start again!

  2. Sherry Morris // October 28, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

    Whoo hoo, Mary! That's wonderful to hear it really helped! I need to begin again too. I've found excercise is like writing. If you stop your routine, you keep finding reasons not to pick it back up.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // October 28, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

    Woah! Mary, you don't need it, you're walking up the "Big Rock," remember? (Ghost story tours at Stone Mtn.) Well until next week anyway! Now me on the other hand!

    Oh well, I'll think about it while I rest on the sofa.

    Scarlet

  4. Mary Marvella // October 29, 2008 at 12:47 AM  

    I have the tapes. Maybe this weekend, Scarlet.

  5. Mona Risk // October 29, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

    I did this years ago and it worked but now I need more motivation. If you want to start a walking schedule I am all for it.