Recipe - 5 Minutes to Cocolate Cake

Posted by Mary Marvella | 2:20 PM | 6 comments »

Posted for Deborah Julienne, who shared this yummy recipe.

I'm a recipe junkie....and I got this recipe from an email from a
friend...naturally I had to try it.

Now here are some of the things about this recipe that I played with:

1) First try - since I live at an elevation of 3,500 cooking this cake
for 3 minutes made it rubbery. I also didn't have the chocolate
chips....and I tossed it.

2) Second try - I cut it back to 2 minutes and 30 seconds...still not
good enough to call a success....I added shaved chocolate, hoping for
moisture....and tossed it.

3) Third try - I mixed the ingredients in a bowl....then used a ramkin
instead....put 1/2 the mixture in the bottom...then a dollop of hot
fudge...followed by the remainder of the mix...and cooked for 2
minutes and 15 seconds....this worked wonderful!

I also tried this in a mug...if you decide to use a mug...use a wider
mug as opposed to a taller mug..and yes...it definitely rises over the
top....but don't worry, it won't dribble over the top.

*So keep your elevation in mind in case this doesn't work the first
time around.

5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

1 LARGE (microwave safe) coffee mug
4 T flour (plain, NOT self-rising)
4 T sugar
2 T baking cocoa
1 Egg
3 T milk
3 T oil
3 T chocolate chips (Optional)
Splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix
thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil - mix well. Add the chocolate
chips (if using) and vanilla and mix again. Put your mug in the
microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise
over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT!!
(can serve 2 if you want to share).

Enjoy!

6 comments

  1. Liz Jasper // October 6, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

    Oh, like I need to have chocolate cake around even faster. LOL.

  2. Nightingale // October 6, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

    Sounds yummy.

  3. Anonymous // October 6, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

    This sounds WONDERFUL. I love chocolate cake. I'll be trying this FOR SURE.
    Thanks for the recipe

  4. Beth Trissel // October 6, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

    It sounds wonderful. I love chocolate. I think you need to come live with me and make this often.
    Why are you at such a high elevation? You live at the top of Pike's Peak?

  5. Mary Marvella // October 7, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

    Perfect recipe!

  6. Anonymous // October 7, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

    I got this in an email from my assistant last week and we are planning to try it the last week before Christmas break. Glad to know someone has proofed it!

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel