DragonCon 2008

Posted by Mary Marvella | 2:14 PM | , , , , | 7 comments »




A person could get lost in a crowd like this.

I mentioned earlier that I attended DragonCon over Labor Day weekend. DragonCon, often called "The Con", is largely for fans of Horror, Fantasy, and Science Fiction movies, books, comics, television shows, and even video games. Workshops and programs offer opportunities for fans to see their "heroes". Fans often wear costumes, some quite elaborate. There are contests and parades of costumes. Amazing and sometimes a bit of sensory overload.

Since I finally developed my film, the old fashioned stuff, I'm posting a couple of photos. More photos will follow of speakers who participated in the writers tracts.

7 comments

  1. Anonymous // October 8, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

    Looks like an interesting conference. Can't wait to see more pics.

  2. Anonymous // October 8, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

    I can't believe you didn't bring these last weekend so I could have seen them! Maybe at the meeting next weekend!

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel
    who has nearly recovered from the lack of sleep last weekend!

  3. Nightingale // October 9, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

    Wish I could have been there. I love DragonCon. It is the Con. But I agree it can be max stimuli.

  4. Beth Trissel // October 9, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

    Wow, what a crowd. Looks like someone's family reunion. :)

  5. Mary Marvella // October 9, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

    The Con occupies 4 hotels in downtown Atlanta. They are all wall-to-wall folks.

  6. Anonymous // October 10, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

    Freaky in a really scary way!

  7. Liz Jasper // October 10, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

    what a hoot!