Sammie Jo Moresca

Posted by Sherry Morris | 9:44 AM | , , | 11 comments »


I'm Sammie Jo Moresca, the American housewife also known as Sherry Morris. But not the Australian Sherry Morris who writes inspriationals. And not the beautiful Christian singer Sherry Morris.

I've been writing since the turn of the century. Within the last three years, I've had fourteen books published with small presses. My obscure Cerridwen Press eBook, IMMACULATE DECEPTION, won a Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award. My Phaze eBook SMOLDER, which is now in print, was the debut book-of-the-month selection at All Romance eBooks. Every story I've written has been published.

In September, my steady selling novella, DIET ANOTHER DAY, will come out in a Big Beautiful Woman romantic comedy print anthology titled MORE, MORE, MORE! published by Phaze Books.

At Christmastime, Phaze will publish WISH UPON A DJINN, a fantasy Chrismas story about a harried married couple who renew their love.

Next Spring, Mundania Press will publish FIGHT DIRTY FOR ME, a 1945 era romantic suspense. It will release in eBook and print simultaneously. This is a sequel to HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL.

I have completed a chick lit mystery, INAPPROPRIATE, which I will place with a literary agent and sell to a large New York publisher. This is the first story my critique partners seemed to enjoy. They giggled as I read every chapter.

I'm so happy to be here with the Pink Fuzzy Slipper Writers and look forward to sharing my kooky views of the world with everyone.

Sammie Jo's Website

Sammie Jo's Blog

11 comments

  1. Terry Odell // August 13, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

    Congrats on your publishing successes. I'm another Cerridwen author with 4 obscure books (although two are in print). Good luck with the big NY house.

  2. Sherry Morris // August 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

    Thank you, Terry! Congratulations on your own publishing success and may your obscure books propell you to bigger and greater places.

  3. Mary Ricksen // August 13, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

    Sounds like things are all falling into place for you. Good luck on your publishing and welcome.

  4. Anonymous // August 13, 2008 at 7:35 PM  

    Sherry - Very impressive publishing stats! :)

  5. Anonymous // August 13, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

    Wow! You've been busy! I'm impressed. Hope you find a home for your work in New York.

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel

  6. Sherry Morris // August 13, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

    Thank you so much, Mary, Cyndi and The Scarlet Pumpernickel. I am sending positive thoughts to the universe that we will all super-succeed.

  7. Dina // August 13, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

    Congrats on your books.

    I love Christmas stories,so I'll have to remember to look for yuors.

  8. Sherry Morris // August 14, 2008 at 4:11 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. Sherry Morris // August 14, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

    Thanks Dina. I love Christmas stories too and always buy them :).
    Wish Upon a Djinn will release on November 17, 2008 at Phaze as an eBook. It will also be available through Fictionwise, ARe and Mobi. Amazon Kindle will eventually pick it up. ISBN 9781594268977

    August 14, 2008 4:11 PM

  10. Mary Marvella // August 14, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

    Welcome back! You are one busy girl! Hugs from Mama!

  11. Sherry Morris // August 14, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

    (((Mama Hugs are the warmest!))) Thank you Mary!