My Mr. Nineteen began his sophomore year of college last week. Tomorrow, my Miss Fifteen begins her sophomore year of high school. I miss them already. Really, I do.






We packed in a whole lot of traveling fun this summer. Mr. Nineteen was a counselor at Rail Camp in Pennsylvania. Later, he and a pal went on a road trip through Maryland and Pennsylvania. I arranged for them to use my points for a free hotel room the first night. They slept in sleeping bags in basements the remainder of the trip. No calls from the police, so it was a successful adventure.






Miss Fifteen and I did Walt Disney World in Florida. We traveled first class on the Amtrak Auto Train. Then we flew to the west coast and explored the San Diego Zoo, Disneyland, Sea World, Universal Studios, Hollywood and Santa Monica Beach. Um...the jokes about driving in California are accurate. It was terrifying in a rented convertible. But we returned it unscathed.






The whole family visited Virgina Beach and Manhattan. Loved them both.






What did you do this summer?






Please visit my blog Housewife Ink

8 comments

  1. Anonymous // September 1, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

    Very cute picture. They grow up so quickly, don't they?

    This summer...I did nothing fun or exciting. Wrote. Wrote some more. Etc.

    Did spend a week in Branson. That was interesting, but HOT.

    Going to Florida for Jan and Feb, maybe in Dec too.

    Frankly, I don't know where the summer went!

  2. Anonymous // September 1, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

    Sounds like a wonderful family summer! This summer my daughter and I flew to Venice, Italy then boarded the MSC Musica for a cruise of the Mediterranean . We loved the Greek Isles! Vistied Bari, Italy, Katakolon, Santorini, Myknosos, Athens, and Corfu, Greece. Them visited Dubrobnic, Croatia and back to Venice where we stayed over night at very nice hotel on the Grand Canal.

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel

  3. Sherry Morris // September 1, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

    Hey Cyndi!

    Yep, my kids were babies and I blinked and now they're nearly grown.

    Writing can steal your days away. But at least you were productive :). I hope you got some muse inspiration in Branson. I haven't been there yet. Florida trips in the winter! Lucky girl :) Enjoy ;)

  4. Sherry Morris // September 1, 2008 at 6:48 PM  

    Hi Scarlet Pumpernickel!

    What a dreamy trip. Congratulations! I hope you studied some Italian and Greek heros and heroines for future books ;)

  5. Mary Ricksen // September 1, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

    A good summer to remember.

  6. Anonymous // September 1, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

    Sammy Jo,
    I did indeed! There were quite a few hero types to study! I put in my time "studying" them. LOL! Daughter is single and she helped with the research! Hehehe

    Scarlet Pumpernickel

  7. Mary Marvella // September 2, 2008 at 2:38 AM  

    Sherry, traveling with your child can be a blast. My 36 year old daughter and I went on a wedding cruise in May for a family member's wedding. Several years ago my daughter and went to London, England. to Scotland, and to Dublin, Scotland
    I had a great time and my daughter seemed to.

  8. Beth Trissel // September 3, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

    Darling pic of you and Piglet!