I like flowers, all kinds, big or small, fragrant or not, perennial or annual, I like them all but I don't like pulling out the weeds.
I like Josh Groban, he makes me cry when he sings, but I don't like Neil Diamond.
I like the smell outdoors after a refreshing rain, but I don't like hurricanes.
I like the mountains and the click and rustle of autumn leaves, but I don't like humidity.
I like kind and generous people, but I don't like cheaters.
I like dogs and cats and all kinds of pets or animals, but I don't like spiders.
I like Maple Syrup, but I don't like imitation syrups like in the pancake house.
I like snow, but I don't like six months of it.
I like writing, but I don't like promoting.
I like CSI Miami, but I don't the red headed guy.
I like Oprah, but I don't like degrading shows like Jerry Springer
I like making new friends, but I don't like liars.
I like tea, but I don't like coffee.
I like Letterman, but I don't like Leno
I like clean 1000 count cotton sheets on my bed, but I don't like doing laundry.
I like a spanking clean house, but I don't like housework.
I like to hear my canary sing, but I don't like cleaning bird doo.
I like pet mice, but I don't like snakes.
I like broccoli, but I don't like liver.
I like movies, but I don't like movie theater seats and sticky floors.
I like Lost and the men on lost, sigh, but I don't like that I am lost when I watch it.
I like vacations, but I don't like the traveling to get there part.
I like Democratic ideals, but I don't Republicans pretending to get it.
I could go on and on. There are always reasons to like or dislike. So tell me what do you like and what don't you like.

4 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // August 11, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

    Quite a list of likes and dislikes!

    I dislike the way I put things off! I like smiling and reading books and fun emails and writing, most of the time.

  2. Anonymous // August 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

    I like the last day of school before Christmas break, Spring break and Summer break, but I don't like the first day of the new school year. I like the sound of rain on a tin roof, but I don't like the sound of rainwater rushing into the basement! I love a good romance novel, but I don't like having to put it down because it's midnight and I have to go to work in a few hours. I like to travel, but I don't like leaving my DH home alone.

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel

  3. Nightingale // August 11, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

    I like Mary Marvella Barfield, a friend of mine.
    And I like sports cars
    Pianos
    Men who play them
    Writers
    Muses
    Horses

  4. Mary Ricksen // August 12, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

    Me too guys, I like and dislike all of that stuff too.