Olympics

Posted by Mona Risk | 11:29 PM | | 5 comments »


Are you watching the Olympics?

The opening ceremony was amazing. All the regalia, the perfect coordination, the show of historical and contemporary China. It was impressive. I can’t believe the amount of work and discipline necessary to produce that incredible result. The little hero from the earthquake was adorable walking next to the tallest (7.6 ft) flag bearer.

Is it a proof that if we put a lot of work, a lot of effort, a lot of discipline we should garner successful results?

Is it a proof that if we don’t succeed, it’s maybe because we haven’t put enough effort?

Our TV is running non-stop while I work on my computer and my husband on his laptop. We watch from time to time and exchange comments. Of course, we followed carefully the tennis matches and applauded Federer. Tennis is as important as eating for my husband who complains I spend too much time sitting in front of my computer and no time at all exercising or walking. He gave up on my tennis long ago.

Americans won gold and silver for swimming. I am looking at the winners now as they stand straight listening to the Star Spangled Banner. Early in the afternoon I applauded the gymnastic show, my favorite part. Is watching gymnastic considered exercise?
Which part of the Olympics do you like best?
What's your favorite exercise?


I was just talking above about hard work bringing reward. It’s true. Honestly. I just saw a review for my romantic suspense, French Peril.

Mona Risk
Cerridwen, 2008
ISBN: 97814419917189
Reviewed by Anne Boling for ReviewYourBook.com
4 Stars


Mystery and intrigue surrounds the excavation of an old chapel.
Mona Risk, author of French Peril, offers her fans another great read. In French Peril, she creates a swirling air of mystery around the excavation of a chapel ruin. Murder, mystery, and intrigue seem to follow Cheryl as she assists Francois on his project. She finds his presence gives her a sense of security, but she also senses that he does not trust her expertise. Francois is attracted to the beautiful American and soon finds he is in love with her. Risk has a talent for character development. Cheryl is a multitalented, impetuous person. Francois is harder to define. He is romantic, determined, and very protective. French Peril is a great contemporary romantic read.

5 comments

  1. Nightingale // August 12, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

    Excellent review, Mona, and I love the title. Sounds like a must read.

  2. Mary Ricksen // August 12, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

    I hope I get reviews as good as this one Mona. Great stuff.
    I like the gymnast stuff and the synchronized diving, it's beautiful stuff to watch.
    What amazes me is how they keep breaking records. Just how far can the human body push itself? What was a fantastic time a few years ago, is slow today. How does that happen?

  3. Terry Odell // August 13, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

    Hi, Mona - a bit late getting around, but we took a week after RWA for vacation, and I'm even more exhausted and behind. Whose idea was it to broadcast "prime time" Olympics until 1 AM. Can't handle it.

    Glad we bumped into each other at RWA.

  4. Dina // August 13, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

    I like the gymnastics and swimming.

  5. Mary Marvella // August 14, 2008 at 6:15 PM  

    We share the glory and defeat of our representatives at athletic events and the Olympics represent the "mother" of athletic events. Good job, Mona!