Posted by Mary Ricksen | 2:35 PM | , , , , , , , | 5 comments »


This is a picture of one of the characters in my book "Tripping Through Time". His name is Junior, and he is a German Shepherd now eight years old.

He plays a major role in my book, which takes place on the Lake Champlain Islands, in Vermont. The setting a beautiful place where I spent a good portion of my childhood. It is a time travel romance, where the heroine travels back from 1969 to 1869 to find love. There is everything from mountain lions to barnyard animals, and from Abenaki Indians to Irish immigrants. I don't have a final publish date, but I've been told by my editor it should be in ebook format sometime in October.

Who can resist a doggy face like that?

5 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // August 17, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

    How adorable! Bet he's a real character.

  2. Mary Ricksen // August 17, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

    He's so smart. He thinks he's Lassie, and he knows Lassie was a boy.

  3. Nightingale // August 18, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

    Precious pup. What a face! Mary, your book sounds interesting. Looking forward to its release. I've never been to Vermont but would love to go.

  4. Mary Ricksen // August 18, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

    He's my baby boy. And great protection though he's wuss, he sounds really scary when he barks.

  5. Beth // August 18, 2008 at 11:49 PM  

    Love the doggie. :)