*This is one of my absolute favorite recipes. A week in the summer never goes by without me making this, as fruit is inexpensive and abundant. For those on any weight-watching program, it is very low-calorie.

3 cups of berries---raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, (or a mixture)
1/4 cup of equal or splenda
1 cup bisquick (I use reduced fat)
1 tablespoon of soft butter (I use a low-fat spread)
1/3 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons of equal or splenda

Preheat oven to 350. Combine the berries and the 1/4 cup splenda in a pie plate.

Separately, combine the other ingredients to form a dough.
Drop by tablespoons over the berries evenly---it will not be enough to cover all the berries.

Bake for 30 minutes or until brown.

*This recipe is adapted from a WW recipe.

7 comments

  1. Nightingale // August 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

    Yummy! I can almost smell them baking.

  2. Mary Ricksen // August 24, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

    Fresh berries, oh yeah, then who needs sugar!

  3. Anonymous // August 24, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

    looks wonderful!

  4. Mary Marvella // August 24, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

    You're tempting us again!

  5. Anonymous // August 24, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

    YUM! Can't wait to try this. My favorite recipe for Stuffed Peppers is also an adapted WW recipe! Perhaps I'll send it along to Mary Marvella to post one day!

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel

  6. Josie // August 25, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

    Easy, fast, and low-calorie. My kind of recipe!

  7. Mary Marvella // August 26, 2008 at 2:49 AM  

    Send away, Scarlet Pumpernickel