Please welcome Karin Tabke as our guest blogger. Karin was honored by the Pros at RWA National in San Francisco. What a mentor she has been!

Thank you Pink Fuzzy goils for inviting me to hang out today! I have a signed copy of SKIN for a lucky commenter to be picked at the end of the day!


Why do you write?
It completes me. Simple but true.


How do you write?
I sit my ass in the chair and put my fingers to the keyboard, close my eyes, conjure up my characters and their passion for one another in my imagination, take a big deep breath, and let my mind play out in the form of words.


What is a common theme
in your stories?
Love, baby. Passionate, heart-stopping, no-holds-barred love! I love the queasy feeling in my belly when my hero and heroine meet for the first time. Then the first touch followed by that oh so passionate first kiss. The sensation of passion, of wanting something so badly it takes over our every waking thought, our every movement, our every breath we take. Yeah, that’s why I write romance.


Do you write what you know?

Yep. My love affair with my husband has lasted more than 25 years. We’ve had our share of roller coaster rides and we’re still together after all of these years. He is as much a part of me as my heart and soul. We laugh, we cry, we fight, we make up, and we live each day with passion. Our children live the same way.


What about your hot cops?

☺ I love those guys! Talk about writing what I know! Hubby was a cop for a lot of years before he retired due to an injury. He has been my go-to guy, my cop thesaurus, cop dictionary, cop Encyclopedia Brittanica and my cop wikipedia all wrapped up into one. I could not have written the hot cops books without his experience, and having lived that life for so many years it kind of rubbed off on me, too. I’m always amazed when someone says, “Cops don’t do that!” Au, contraire, mon amie. If I wrote some of the real life sex/escapades of those guys and dolls no one would believe me! Cops are emotional beings. They react, they respond and they make mistakes born of love, lust and passion just like the next person. Probably more, since they are in such a high octane occupation. Never say, never. It will always come back to bite you in the ass. ☺

So, tell us about your hot knights!
I love them as much as my hot cops. I make no excuses for them. The Blood Swords are kind of like what today is an elite team of soldiers. You know, Seals, Rangers, only one thousand years ago. They lived in a brutal tempestuous time and their lives and actions reflect that. I make no excuses for their choices. They do what they have to do to survive. Period. I had a reader email me not to long ago and she said, “I started off hating Rohan but soon found myself falling as deeply in love with him as Isabel.” That made my day.

My girls are tough. No damsels in distress here. They stand up to these men who move them in a way no other man has. It’s raw, edgy and the passion abounds in all that they do. Book one, MASTER OF SURRENDER, starts off the series with The Blood Swords hitting town and doing what hot conquering knights do best. ;)

What’s next for you?

In October, HAVE YOURSELF A NAUGHTY LITTLE SANTA, hot cop Ricco Maza’s story, hits the bookshelves. It’s lighter then the previous hot cop books, but it’s a wonderful sexy love story. Roughly based on the Grinch storyline with the heroine, Kimberly Michaels the Grinch, who tries really hard to steal not only Ricco’s Christmas but the town where his family lives as well. I loved writing Kim. She just can’t help herself around hunky Ricco, and hot Latino cop that he is who loves women as much as they love him, finds himself between a rock and the hard spot that keeps popping up when Kim is around.

The last week of November book two of the Blood Sword Legacy, MASTER OF TORMENT, releases. It picks up several months after MASTER OF SURRENDER ends, and it most definitely the most angsty book I have written to date. I’m really enjoying writing this series.


www.KarinTabke.com (Karin has a wonderful website with pithy blogs!

Thank you again, Ladies for the invite to hang out here today. If anyone has a question I will do my best to answer it!

18 comments

  1. Anonymous // August 21, 2008 at 12:41 AM  

    I am so intrigued by those guys and dolls cop stories that no one would believe! Except I would. The sleeping rooms in the medical center where I used to work were a bee hive of interesting stories! So, put those "unbelievable" stories to paper...except I'm concerned the paper would go up in flames from the heat when you printed them off!! LOL

    I have enjoyed your cop stories LONG before I joined GIAM. Now, I get my sword sharpened for your Hot Knights!

  2. Anonymous // August 21, 2008 at 12:50 AM  

    hey, Cyndi, so you know then that many cops and ER nurses have one of those 'special' relationships?
    Oh, the stories we could tell...

  3. Anna Louise Lucia // August 21, 2008 at 4:26 AM  

    *wiggle* can't wait to read your stuff, Karin - everything you say resonates with me!

  4. Beth Trissel // August 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

    Wooo hooo!!! I enjoyed this interview. Sounds like a great read or collection of reads to me.
    Thanks for being our guest on the Fuzzies.

  5. Josie // August 21, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

    Karin,
    Your interview is fun, your writing exquisite. Thanks for being a guest of the Fuzzies today.

  6. Edie Ramer // August 21, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

    Great interview! Karin, the words sizzle even when you're talking about your books and, of course, your family. It's easy to see that your write passionate books. I can't imagine any of your books being tame.

  7. Nightingale // August 21, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

    I'm very guilty of skimming but I read every word of your interview, Karin, because it rang with personality. I bet your books ring with your characters' personalities. Thanks for blogging with the Pink Fuzzies!

  8. Melanie Atkins // August 21, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

    Awesome blog, Karin. I write cops too, and used to be married to one. So I know exactly what you're talking about. Alpha men do it for me. lol

    I haven't read your knight books, but now I'm sold. I'm going to BN later today, and will pick up Master of Surrender. Woot!

  9. Helen Hardt // August 21, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

    Hi Karin. Your work was recommended to me by a friend. Now that I've read this interview, I'm looking forward to it more than ever!

    Helen
    www.helensheroes.blogspot.com

  10. Anonymous // August 21, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

    Hey, Ladies, I have to run out for a few hours but I'll be back to chat!

  11. Mary Ricksen // August 21, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

    I know what you mean about cops being,'human'. My whole family was in either Border Patrol, Immigration, or DEA. Whew! There are some stories to tell.
    It's that being on the edge that adds a deep fascination to the whole genre for me.

  12. Anonymous // August 21, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

    Karin,
    Great blog! I find my most challenging issue is the butt in chair, fingers on keys. Once I master that again I'll be smoking. Love the hot cops and knights. I always enjoy visiting the Pink Fuzzies because they have such interesting guests.

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel

  13. Anonymous // August 21, 2008 at 7:07 PM  

    Whew, what a day! My daughter is getting married in October and we have been rushing around today finalizing all of the little details! I am sooooo tried of writing checks!!!!

  14. Anonymous // August 21, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

    Anna, you resonate with me too! And, again, thank you and to your hubby as well for answering my endless questions about the English landscape.

    Joanne, so happy you enjoyed the interview. I had fun doing it.

    Edie, you are by biggest cheerleader. Thank you.

    Hey, Mel, aren't those hot cops just the best? PIA sometimes but they make up for it in other ways. (wink)

    Helen, I hope you enjoy my stories.

  15. Anonymous // August 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

    Nightingale, thank you for not skimming! Heh, but I know what you mean. I skim a lot of interviews too.

    Mary, you know exactly what I'm talking about! I have a book I'm pitching for my next RS series that features an ex DEA dude. He's a vera vera *vera* bad boy.

    Hey, Pumpernickel! I have to force this ass of mine into the chair more times then not, but once I get squeezed in, I let my fingers fly. Even if it's crap, I write.

  16. Anonymous // August 21, 2008 at 11:27 PM  

    Karin,
    I've decided to immulate your success. Butt in chair, fingers on keyboard and let her rip. I've lolligaged around log enough! It's pee or get off the blooming pot!

    The Scarlet Pumpernickel--assuming the position--will post results tomorrow!

  17. Anonymous // August 22, 2008 at 12:57 AM  

    Pumper, I shall return to see how thee faired.

  18. Anonymous // August 26, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

    Karin,
    Your exuberance is a testiment to your writing. How can it not be passionate. I know we'll be reading your books for along time to come. I'd better get started.
    Sylvia