Part 1 of this battle appeared yesterday.

June’s second email to her daughter.

Part 2


Better change your bet,….He has eaten two or three meals with carrots mashed into them. I’m getting smarter and he can not separate the carrots from the chick-chick. (chicken and rice) Plus, I decided to fix the Little Shit and I mashed in some green peas. So the battle is 3 -3, but knowing him as I do, he’ll find a way to show me who’s boss.

He is chasing the kittens with so much vigor that I can hardly restrain him when we go outside the garage to get into the car. He can’t shuck his harness because I tighten it around his gut. That will fix him. He thinks I’m playing games…

Risa’s response is as funny.

Oh, Mother, this is one of your VERY BEST stories. I am still crying from laughing so hard. I can see it as it happened. My money is on Lou.

It made me laugh, too.

Comment if you have a vote. I'll try to get June to respond.

6 comments

  1. Toni V.S. // July 11, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

    We have no idea how well those 4-legged people have us trained. He's just waiting.... As the former Person to four poodles and a mutt (and a cat), I was always surprised at how well they had me wrapped around their dew-claws. (Shouldn't have been by that time, but I always was!)

  2. Mary Marvella // July 11, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

    Are we smarter than 5th graders? Maybe. Are we smarter than out pets? Not likely. They sometimes let us think we are.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // July 11, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

    I love this! I live with a fuzzy ball dog and sneaky cat. They think they rule the roost at my house. They probably do.

  4. Mary Ricksen // July 11, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

    You think you're fooling him huh. Just wait till he pees somewhere or chews something up. Then we'll see who won.
    Dogs rule!

  5. Mary Ricksen // July 11, 2008 at 4:02 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  6. Beth Trissel // July 11, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

    This really rang true for me as I live with my wee nieces and getting them to eat can be challenging.
    Very cute, Mary.