3 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 17, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

    OMG! It looks like the truck cab was actually flattened by the collapse. I hope the driver escaped. Years ago, a friend rented a Uhaul truck to move and pulled through the island of the station when he started to drive off. You guessed it, the truck was taller than the cover and he brought the entire thing down! Better check for height restrictions. Now we know why they post those signs and have the little pole with the horizontal sign!

  2. Mary Ricksen // July 17, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

    Oh my, someone had a really bad day didn't they?
    What a mess, my husband drove away with the hose in the tank. Probably a common problem. But this is too much?

  3. Nightingale // July 17, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

    Anonymous so you had a similar experience. My worst car mistakes were screeching my horse trailer tires against the concrete around the pump and recently scaring one of my alloy wheels.