Come and wander through the French Quarter with Scarlet and MM. Remember the song about what's behind the Green door? MM and I found it, but it was locked.

We wandered around the city during FF;P's Fantasy on the Bayou! Loved the conference and loved the city. What a wonderful weekend.



We found the perfect place to pause, sit on a bench and work on a plot.







Did you read the neon?








Cafe Beignet was a pleasant surprise, but the line was too long so we walked on.







This little guy was following in his daddy's musical foot steps!













This was a neat store tucked away on a street corner.











This is the Hard Rock Cafe in the French Quarter. MM and I wanted to go and sit on the balcony, but we were on a quest for pralines, so we walked on.





Yeah, those are what you think they are.










These street performers were amazing. Not sure what the guy in silver was supposed to be, but he was different.



Don't you just love the French wrought iron work on the balconies?









We stopped in for Coffee at Cafe' Du Monde, the coffee was wonderful. I could use a cup right now.





This hairy feller was outside Cafe' Du Monde. Not sure what he was supposed to be, but he was different.







The flowers were out in spring colors in honor of Scarlet & MM's visit to The Big Easy.






Can't you just imagine your hero and heroine sitting on this balcony watching the Mardi Gras parades passing? Wish we could have been there!





We strolled along the mighty Mississippi. The river was calm and peaceful. Hard to imagine what this area was like just a few years ago. I hope you enjoyed the walk through the city. We had a ball, the city is charming and we felt safe at all times. Can't wait to go back!

6 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // March 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM  

    We had a blast! You have wonderful pictures!

  2. Mona Risk // March 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM  

    Gorgeous pictures Scarlet. Thank you. They remind of my trip to NO 10 years ago. I loved the Cafe du Monde, its coffee and beignets.

  3. Scarlet Pumpernickel // March 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM  

    MM, you know I have to make tons of pictures. When I went to Vienna I took 16 rolls of film of 50 exposures each. Used every roll and bought more. It cost me a mint to get them developed. I'm grateful for digital cameras.

  4. Scarlet Pumpernickel // March 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM  

    Mona, I enjoyed Cafe du Monde the coffee was great, the beignets not so much. I guess I'd built them up in my mind, but I was disappointed. Glad you liked the pictures.

  5. Judith Keim // March 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM  

    Glad you had a good time. New Orleans is special and as a foodie, I think it has some of the best food ever!!

  6. Josie // March 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM  

    Scarlet,
    Your pictures are fantastic. I MUST visit New Orleans, as I've never seen it.