This month I've read several really good books. One took me back to Mykonos and let me experience more of the beautiful island than our short cruise ship docking allowed.






Greek Encounter by Mona Risk is like a mini vacation with hot love scenes thrown in for added measure.
Available for 99 cents at










Mykonos is a beautiful island and known as the party capital of the Mediterrean. The island was just beginning to hop when we had to make our way back to the cruise ship.






Who could help but enjoy the island when you're welcome with open arms?


This next one is free on Amazon tonight. Hurray and get your copy!

Another book I read was the novella, "Night Before Doomsday," by Linda Nightingale. I don't have any pictures to illustrate this one, buy a peek at her cover is worth a thousand words. I tried to copy and paste a copy of Linda's hot cover here, but haven't been able to get it done. This is one interesting read, it is sprinkled with little details about angels that I found fascinating. The ending was unique and unexpected. This is a definite must "read."


This next one is available on both Smashwords and Amazon.

Have a hankering for something downhome, southern, with love, lust and just a touch of old fashioned women's fiction? Then curl up with "The Gift" by Mary Marvella. This book is well crafted, touching, emotionally fulfilling, and just an all round good read.


http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00631OX6W
http://bit.ly/tFy77u
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/101492

I love to read, I don't have as much time as I'd like to read, because I work full time and write. Historical Romance was my first love, then I met series contemporary romance and finally romantic suspense. Yep, I'm a book slut. I admit it and relish the title.

Have I whetted your appetite for a good read? I hope so, because I really enjoyed these books. Tell me what are you reading?

7 comments

  1. Mary Marvella // March 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM  

    Thanks, Scarlet. I Maybe This Time by Jenny Cruise. LOVED it! Reading Mona's book now.

  2. Mona Risk // March 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM  

    I read:
    Beth Trissel's The Lady and the Warrior. Short and lovely.
    THE GIFT, a different and riveting stor, by Mary Marvella.
    Night Before Doomsday, not my usual reading but it was curious and it was a fun read.
    Warrior of Ra by Helen Scot-Taylor, a paranormal with romance and suspense in the author's lovely voice.
    Murder in the Buff by Maggie Toussaint, a hilarious suspense I greatly enjoyed.
    Joan Reeves, romantic comedy, Still The One. Enjoyable read.

    My new Kindle Fire is put to good use and still has over 70 ebooks to be read.

  3. Nightingale // March 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM  

    Thanks Scarlet for your kind words about Night Before Doomsday. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I haven't been reading a lot lately because I've been working on edits for a new book from Double Dragon Publishing Cardinal Desires. What little time I have had to read, I read The Lady and the Warrior (loved it!!!) by Beth Trissel and Mona Risk's delicious Greek Encounter. Mary Marvella's Gift is NEXT and I can't wait.

  4. Anonymous // March 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM  

    I am reading The Lady and the Warrior currently. It is a great read and I hope to be able to post a review of it soon. I've also just finished Beverly Barton's last book, Dead by Midnight. It was riveting. I have my iphone packed with things just waiting for Spring Break to start.

    Scarlet

  5. Josie // March 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM  

    Scarlet,
    You're mentioning the best of the best--all great reads!

  6. Mary Ricksen // March 29, 2012 at 5:25 PM  

    Terrific authors!!!!

  7. Beth Trissel // March 31, 2012 at 8:08 AM  

    Maybe today blogger will let me leave a comment on what an excellent post this is with a fine tribute to some wonderful authors.